Rob2050
So let's say i have a thought called Non-Profit Organizations and I have 50-75 child thoughts off of it. I want to share that list with someone who is not a brain user. What is the best way to do that. I think maybe there is a report, but I am not very familiar with the report feature.

Any additional tips about getting data OUT of the brain for sharing is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Rob.
metta
Several options are available....depending upon what you may need.
Which of the available options you choose will depend, in large part, on how much you want to share: thought names, notes and/or attachments, etc.

For example, if all you need to export is a list of the child thoughts, the Export Outline option (for the selected thoughts) might do the trick.

Hope this helps -- and I will be interested in any specific recommendations other brain users may provide.

(Afterthought: we may eventually have the "print plex" option that was available in TB8, but so far I don't think it is available -- and it might not display the full thought names, in any case.)
mcaton
Ctrl+click on Non-Profit Organizations (Command-click if on a macOS)
Ctrl+click on the child gate of Not-Profit Organizations

This will place Non-Profit Organizations and all of it's children in the selection box. From here, you can right click and select `Copy as text outline` to paste into another text editor or click on File > Export. And export to a .txt file.

These steps are featured in this video tutorial: https://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials#selecting-multiple-thoughts

Thanks,
Matt
Rob2050
Thanks for the links @metta and @mcaton! I used the steps in Matt's post and am checking the videos too!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software