Kriggel23
Just added some thoughts to selection, than tried to copy them.
Via menu "Edit > Copy <n> Thoughts", as well as via contextual menu, same menu item, I get every time I try the error message "Error while copying" - "Sequence contains no matching element".

[mad] To me, this is something like a basic function. Hasn't it been tested thoroughly? We've had our hands on TB9 alpha since about a year... 

Same with "Copy as Text Outline".
Same with "Copy as Text Outline with Notes".

This Brain has been migrated from TB8, and in use for quite some time in TB9.

Message in Output.log:
Quote:

2016-11-06 09:08:09.9885 | ERROR | TheBrain.Desktop.Commands.CopyCommand | [94] Exception while copying: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) <0x141154a0 + 0x0013f> in <filename unknown>:0
at #Yru.#7kv.#LXt (#Hjw #Hjw, Guid #5b, System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1 #iS, Boolean #7N, Boolean #tXx) <0x223ec1d8 + 0x00693> in <filename unknown>:0
at #iEv.#rFv.#LXt (Guid #5b, System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1 #iS, Boolean #7N, Boolean #tXx) <0x223ec0c8 + 0x000db> in <filename unknown>:0
at #Xru.#2b.#LXt (System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1 #iS, Boolean #7N, Boolean #tXx) <0x223ec050 + 0x0006f> in <filename unknown>:0
at #vOt.#Dnt.#BYb (#QY.#OBv #Az) <0x223db0a0 + 0x001eb> in <filename unknown>:0

Some of the selected thoughts do have attachments, e.g. PDF, web links, folders (sic!), a .xcodeproj, a link to an external .xcodeproj, a zip file.

Kriggel23

Harlan
Thanks for reporting. It looks like the problem you are experiencing is related to the data you are copying. Not sure what exactly is going wrong without seeing the data but based on the error report we will make some changes that hopefully will avoid this issue.

TheBrain 9 is still beta. It takes time to make good software and there is no shortcut. I assure you, there is no one who would like it to be completed quickly more than me. Despite this, the quality of the final product is our focus, not the date. If we just wanted to bring out another version quickly, we would have a very very different version 9.

For anyone who would prefer to experience fewer errors it would be better to stick with TheBrain 8 until TheBrain 9 is made the official release.
Regards,
-Harlan
Kriggel23
I'm with you and appreciate the work and afford you and your team invest. Thank you!

Kriggel23
Harlan
We think this problem was most likely fixed in 9.0.132. Please let us know if not.
Regards,
-Harlan
Kriggel23
Copy works now.

Paste. Not.

txt ErrorReport_2016-11-15_07-42-13_log.txt     
txt ErrorReport_2016-11-15_07-42-57_log.txt     

Kriggel23

Kriggel23
Just tested with 9.0.135.0.

Thoughts were pasted (I had a first glimpse onto the dialog regarding existing thoughts).
Unfortunately, I could not paste any thoughts again - TB9 encounters an error.

Links were not pasted either.

txt ErrorReport_2016-11-15_21-14-16_log.txt     

Kriggel23
mcaton
Thanks for posting Christian.  I've documented the update on this issue.

Thanks,
Matt
Harlan
Please tell me if this is correct:
  • You are copying thoughts from brain 1 and pasting into brain 2
  • The first time you paste, it works
  • You then make some changes in brain 1, copy the same thoughts again and try to paste into brain 2
  • Now you get the error report posted on Nov 15
Is that right?

Regards,
-Harlan
Kriggel23
Harlan,

"copying thoughts from brain 1 and pasting into brain 2" - yes, correct
"the first time, it works" - yes (thoughts), no (links)
concerning question 3 & 4: as far as I remember, it was as you wrote.

Just downloaded .137 and tested it again.
Selected 45 thoughts in brain 1
Switched to brain 2
Pasted in brain 2 (context menu shows "Paste 44 Thoughts")
Each time I paste the thoughts, I get an unexpected error.

txt ErrorReport_2016-11-21_14-07-18_log.txt     

Kriggel23
mcaton
Christian,

Thanks for the email update.  I have the original Brain you mentioned and will continue on testing from there in order to replicate.

Thank you,
Matt
mcaton
Hooray!  Just replicated the same error.  Documenting now for further review.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software