Cornan
I previously reported that some of the bottom panels in PB don't use the Windows Control Panel "Window" background color.  I found that I can edit notes.css, but wasted some time today specifying valid colors in formats not supported by PB4.

My suggestion is to add a few comments in the css files to remind users of PB4 / css limitations.  (How often do you get a five minute to implement suggestion?)

In this case I discovered that only hex color or HTML name formats work in PB4 notes (and I didn't check the color names extenseively).  That is:
background-color: Window;             /* does not work */
background-color: RGB(192,220,192) /* does not work */
background-color: #C0DCC0;           /* DOES work */
background-color: blue;                  /* DOES work */

I've added a comment to my notes.css file that might very well save other people the trouble of finding out that PB4 doesn't support the RGB or System-Defined System colors:

/* don't use RGB or User-Defined System colors */
      background-color: #C0DCC0;

It could be that there are other limitations in the .css file format due to (for example) your multi-platform implementation.  If this is the case, the notes.css file could include a simple higher-level comment about which flavor of css is supported, as appropriate.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software