Spacenexus

This error arose in 7037. Any clues?

Jim

Click image for larger version - Name: Notes_Error.png, Views: 203, Size: 8.94 KB
@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
gpatten
I've had this a couple of times as well, incl. in 7.0.3.9, specifically when trying to paste text into the notes editor from another application such as Word or Scrivener. It’s unclear to me if there is a way of getting the editor back up and running, short of quitting TB entirely and re-opening (which is what, up to now, I’ve done).

TB 7.0.3.9, Mac OS X 10.7.3, J-1.6.0_31
Spacenexus

Yes it strange, happened three times now in as many days.

@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
pthompson
Hello All,

These seems to happen when Java is not up to date. Please make sure you are always using the latest version of TheBrain: (http://www.thebrain.com/products/thebrain/download) and Java: (http://www.java.com/download)
purdisc
the same thing has just happened to me

doing nothing more than entering notes in the pop-out window - the notes still exist in the pop-out but the main note entering box (lower left of screen) is not working so I can't see   if they are recorded there too.

Re-booting myBrain now

JOhnP Click image for larger version - Name: Screen_Shot_2013-03-04_at_11.23.17.png, Views: 121, Size: 16.26 KB
purdisc
Just reading the thread, I am not using the latest version of Java - I decided against it seeing that there were a few negative comments re security issues

JOhn Purdie 
running 7.1.1.2-b

Steeph
purdisc wrote:
Just reading the thread, I am not using the latest version of Java - I decided against it seeing that there were a few negative comments re security issues

OT, but you should use the latest Java. The older, the more dangerous. Yes there are security issues, but the older versions have even more issues. Just disable the Java plugin in your browser and you are safe.
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
purdisc
thanks Steeph

I will download the latest version and disable as you suggest

Best

JohnP

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software