ChrisCase
I can't remember whether it was here intheforum or in the latest feature list that I saw it stated that embedding video in Notes is now possible,  but I have tested it and find that in the animated export the code is not exported and nothing displays...
ChrisCase
I should mention that embedded video does display via the Open In Browser option,  though not in the export
Harlan
Chris, does the video work in FireFox? We think that IE is stripping out the tag for objects that are dynamically embedded...
Regards,
-Harlan
ChrisCase
I only use Firefox, so IE is not the culprit in this case.

The embedding code works in blog posts or webpages, I find.
ChrisCase
I'm really quite eager to use PB4 for organising video clips. Is fixing the embedding problem for Firefox something that is likely to happen soon, or should I just go ahead and modify the HTML files after exporting?
Harlan

Chris,

We've just tested everything here and it appears to be working fine. Video embedded into notes works in both IE and in Firefox when exported as either Simple HTML or a SiteBrain. (See attached example.)

We've done this with a YouTube video below. Are you using 4.0.3.2? What kind of video are you embedding? If you can view it when you select Open in Browser, you should be able to view it from your export.

One other thing that could be causing the problem is your browser's cache loading a prior version of the export. Please make sure you clear your cache.

Let me know what your results are.

Regards,

-Harlan

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software