eeik
Oftentimes web developers are enabling specific mobile focused UX for mobile web browsers. The intent behind which either being to provide a more goal oriented flow or, alternatively, offering up specific data in a more glancible fashion. Within TheBrain, for certain thoughts and remote websites, it may be optimal to surface these mobile browser oriented views vs. a more traditional PC oriented reading view akin to a standard desktop browser experience.

Depending upon the nature of the thought's attached URLs, however, Wikipedia link vs. mobile event management tool vs. online photo album deep-link for instance, a user may wish to render the standard PC based web view for some sites and the mobile web view for others.

This setting should of course be saved as apart of the folder meta-data and/or even set within the hyperlink storage data structure within each thought. Have a toggle for which web version to render for each attached URL?

New Toggle.png 
: : : Future / Speculative Suggestions : : :

To take this feature space to it's more holistic conclusion, and to perhaps more natively support a few notable data sources as interactive data sources driving features within TheBrain given consistent structured data... one could envision a great deal of interactivity with any remote entity.

What I'm imagining is, ideal world, simply for illustrative purposes, is a consistent and brilliantly rich use of RDF out in the world of datasets made richer by web development support on newer and newer sites. A simple example being, to attach a link to IMDB for a "movie" in which available data surfaces certain bits within my thought within TheBrain vs. an alternative unique set of data relevant to a link to an "actor" or "film director" from IMDB as well. Certain bits of data make more sense to surface for certain data types, take for instance, date of film produced vs. actor's birthdate. Both are of the "date/time" data type but adorned with a more meaningful label instead within a "thought type" that is slightly augmented and enhanced due to the inter-connection with the external website's data.

Ideally too, if certain high value sites could then be engaged with via native API calls that a specific Mobile App might make use of to implement interactions, for example, Amazon "buy again" button on a product that a user did research on within TheBrain previously. If the product has been updated or is out of stock, have the option to purchase an alternate but similar (newer!?) version through this "buy again" button depending upon Amazon's inventory status.

Alternatively, survey companies, for instance, in order to more richly solicit user feedback, might do well to integrate with TheBrain researchers to gain direct access to garner thoughts, opinions, or even "publicly shared thoughts" from users brain databases directly. Maybe they could even "pay" users via TheBrain tokens as micro-transactions at some long-future point!? I kid, I kid ... no, I don't, no really, why isn't this on the roadmap 🙂

I'm sure this all would be a ToS nightmare to implement without somebody internally really championing this feature and doing some massive bridge building with 3rd parties, but it sure would be great to aim towards this sort of interactivity.

Perhaps start small by integrating "forums.thebrain.com" into the core TheBrain experience first? No ToS issues to cross here and full ownership of "back of the house" forums and "front of the house" TheBrain software could be good example use case and supporting API documentation material for 3rd party developers to leverage if they wish to proactively choose to support the TheBrain community with specific integration options.

Start off by implementing submit user feedback and/or submit bug integration from TheBrain itself and then take the next step after that. I'd love to click a little "record" button, have my mic and screen captured to document an initial verbal synopsis accompanied too with a text and image ingress editor to both capture and enable light annotation of an image, like I provided above. This would all prove out the ability to deeply integrate a goal based experience, "capture user feedback" in this case, as an example remote endpoint integration.

Happy to discuss further 👍

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software