pshanks Show full post »
Harlan
We found and fixed a bug in the Windows layout code that was causing the delay. Also, the height of the types popup is no longer limited to the area below the button. I think these changes will fix most if not all of the issues shown in the video you posted. 9.0.142, up now... Let us know how it goes.

I guess the image was a red herring, thanks for sending it anyhow.
Regards,
-Harlan
pshanks

Hey Harlan,

That's 1000% better... Thanks.

One small bug for windows for both Thought Types & Tags, if you popup a window and click the outside window it pops behind the main window, once you move it or click on the plex it then disappears. (See screen capture)

=> http://screencast.com/t/6j20FdzE0

TheBrain 11.0.120.0, iOS V10.0.
Windows 10 (V19041), Windows 7 SP1, OS X V10.15.x
Using The Brain since V3 (1999)

mcaton
Pat,

Yes, the search by Thought GUID is documented.  In the mean time, if you are trying to find the Thought this icon.png file is associated with, I have a trick to share with you.
  1. Create a word document and type the word AARDVARK (or something unique) in the content.  
  2. Save this document into the GUID folder you are researching.  The file will be next to, but not inside the .data folder.
  3. Back in TheBrain, search for AARDVARK - You should find the file and thus the Thought you are looking for
Again, this is not a permanent fix - just a quick patch to help you find the Thought Name in this scenario.

Thanks,
Matt
pshanks

Hey Matt,

Quote:
Create a word document and type the word AARDVARK

I tried these steps but it didn't work for me under windows.

Thanks anyways, I'll wait for the search by GUID.
~ Pat

mcaton
Pat,

Just to confirm, the search by GUID is still an open feature request.

I tested my "Aardvark" scenario on Windows 10 just to confirm that it works if you are interested in giving it another try.

Thanks,
Matt
pshanks

Matt,
Found my mistake, I didn't enter anything into the word document I just created a document called AARDVARK.docx... Doh [biggrin]

Found it now, Thanks,

~ Pat

mcaton
[thumb]

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software