longnh
Hi guys, I've just installed Personal Brain 5 on Windows Vista and Windows 7, but I encountered the same error very soon:

This error occurred right after I created my own brain. Anybody can tell me how to fix this? Thanks so much!

PS: I tried Personal Brain 4 & 5 and still meet this error, I also re-install Windows but it doesn't work, too.
jostber
This looks like this one:

http://forums.thebrain.com/post/show_single_post?pid=33356710&postcount=6
http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=3412465&trail=15#7

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
longnh
Thanks for your reply, I read those threads before but I think they don't fix this error for now. It's so sad because I've just purchased this software and now I still cannot use it. Maybe I'll send an email to notice Customer Care Services but it makes me wasting my time for the work that I really don't want and don't need to do.
zenrain
This came from TheBrainSupport as steps to resolve the issue (I was cc'd when I forwarded Ganby's google group post to TheBrain Support).

Hope it helps.

This is caused by a corrupt font in Windows that Java cannot load. There are several ways to fix this problem, listed below in the order we recommended applying them.

Before applying any of the fixes below, backup your fonts folder. This folder is normally located at C:\Windows\fonts.

1. Look for Known Problematic Fonts and Delete Them

ameb____.TTF

bd______.TTF

bdb_____.TTF

bdbi____.TTF

bdri____.TTF

bl______.TTF

CA__*.TTF

CHLORINZ.TTF

CM__*.TTF

cpb_____.TTF

dinen___.TTF

eubex___.TTF

euex____.TTF

ft,i____.TTF

ftb_____.TTF

ftbi____.TTF

gmm_____.TTF

gmmi____.TTF

gmr_____.TTF

gmri____.TTF

lucen.ttf

lw___,__.TTF

MG______.TTF

mg______.TTF

mh______.TTF

op_____.TTF

opb_____.TTF

opbo____.TTF

opo_____.TTF

timb____.ttf

timbi___.ttf

timi____.ttf

timr____.ttf

tl_____.TTF

If you find any of fonts listed above, delete them, reboot and try starting PersonalBrain again. If not, or if it still does not work, proceed to step 2.

2.  Remove and Reinstall Fonts

·         Delete all all fonts

o    Make sure you have backed up the contents of your fonts folder.

o    Open a command prompt. Start > Run > Type "cmd"

o    Type the following: cd c:\windows\fonts

o    Verify that you are in the fonts folder. It should say c:\windows\fonts at the bottom of the screen.

o    Once you are sure you are in the correct folder, type: del *.*

o    Close the command prompt.

·         Reinstall fonts

o    Open the folder where you backed up the fonts to

o    Edit > Select All

o    Edit > Copy

o    Open the C:\Windows\fonts folder

o    Edit > Paste

o    If you are prompted about fonts that are already installed, just click Cancel

Reboot and try starting PersonalBrain again. If this still does not work, proceed to step 3.

3. Remove Non-Essential Fonts

Again, make sure you have backed up your fonts folder. Delete all TrueType fonts in your C:\Windows\fontsfolder except for those that come with Windows. The TrueType fonts can end with the file extension .TTF. Do not delete fonts that do not end with .TTF or are on the following list:

-Terminal
-Fixedsys
-Arial
-Comic Sans
-Courier
-Georgia
-MS Serif
-Small Fonts
-MS Sans Serif
-Palatino
-Symbol
-System
-Tahoma
-Times New Roman
-Verdana
-Trebuchet
-Webdings
-Wingdings

Reboot and try starting PersonalBrain again. You may reinstall the fonts you deleted by copying them back into the fonts folder, however note that one of the uninstalled fonts is the cause of the issue, so you may want to reinstall one at a time so you can identify the problematic font.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software