mchunkat
Sign in – Google accounts.png 
mcaton
Thanks for posting. Did this error originate from TheBrain Desktop application?  At what step in the set up process did this message occur? 

The setup for Google Calendar Sync is referenced in this video that may be helpful: https://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials#Timeline-and-Events

Thank you,
Matt
mchunkat
Dear Matt,
Thanks for your prompt response. I am running TheBrain 10 desktop version on a Windows 10 laptop. Screenshot is attached showing program details

[image]

On the timeline display in the bottom right corner there is an Actions and Settings when I click on it I am given an option to for selecting Google Calendar Settings. Thereafter I click on Manage External Accounts and then chose Add Google Account. Then when I am directed to chose the Google Account I am to associate the TheBrain with I chose my google account. That is when I get the following error message:

[image]

Would be grateful if the matter could be resolved as soon as possible.
Google calendar integration is very crucial to my workflow and will help me make a decision regarding purchase.
Thanks and regards,
Mohan V. Chunkath

[image]

mchunkat
Dear Matt,
Any progress on resolving this issue? Thanks.
Mohan Chunkath
mcaton
Mohan,

Thanks for checking in. I was able to replicate this same issue on a new/clean build.  The good news is that there should be a link on the Google error page that says "Go to TheBrain.com"  and you'll be able to complete the connection to your Google Calendar.

Thank you,
Matt
mchunkat
Dear Matt,
Was excited to get your message. However I get the same error message and no link suggesting "Go to TheBrain.com" to connect to Google Calendar!
Problem therefore remains unresolved:-(
Also wanted to know whether there is any discount coupon offer on TheBrain Pro License for seniors/retirees or lifetime students? Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Mohan
mchunkat
Dear Matt,
This must be a common enough issue/problem. I would definitely like to be able to use TheBrain and Google Calendar together. I am unable to get it to work despite repeated requests/attempt. Grateful if the matter could be speedily resolved. Thanks and regards,
Mohan Chunkath
mcaton
Mohan,

Please see the screenshots below. Sorry that I forgot to mention that there is an Advanced option that needs to be clicked on first.  Following these steps should get you connected to your Google Calendar:

screen01.png 

screen02.png 

screen03.png 

Thank you,
Matt
mchunkat
Dear Matt,
Thanks for your patience. Still not working for me. I see no advanced option to click. Am once again reproducing the screenshot of what I get in my browser. Problem continues to be unresolved.
Regards,
Mohan

[image]

dshafrir
I think it might have to do with your Google settings. I've tried syncing two accounts. One that uses Google's Advanced Protection, i.e. it is protected at a higher level (which doesn't allow you to proceed to thebrain.com, as you have displayed in your screenshots) and one that is not (which shows you what Matt is displaying).
metta
@dshafrir ~

Glad you may have found the cause of the issue for @mchunkat .

I'm also wondering: Is the "Advanced Protection" setting to which you are referring the same as or different than "2-Factor Authentication"?
dshafrir
Hi @metta I am referring to the setup where you use a physical security key (e.g. Yubikey) and a whole host of additional security measures are applied (https://landing.google.com/advancedprotection/). I would wholeheartedly recommend anyone who has a Google account to invest in a physical security key and lock down their Google account to prevent fraud or phishing. I don't know if it's that what is causing the OP's issue, but it's what I gathered from some trial and error.

FYI - between when I posted and now, I have also come to find out that trying to sync my work email (which is Google based), I can sync it such that events from The Brain get on my work calendar, but it doesn't work the other way, which makes me think there's a setting that my employers' IT admins configured to only allow inbound data transfers through the Google API.

So to sum it up: Personal Gmail account - I get just like OP, but then again, I secure the living daylights out of it and strictly limit any potential vulnerabilities (which, to be honest, The Brain is). Made up Gmail account - works just fine, got the screens that Matt shared, but works. Work Gmail account - works fine, but sync is only one-way.
metta
@dshafrir & @mchunkat ~

Thanks so much, Daniel. Very helpful feedback.

I'm documenting your update for future reference, in case I eventually decide to try to sync my Google account.

In the meantime, I hope the details you've shared will help Mohan resolve his sync issues.
davidby
Hello!

I am having the same issue: I get that same error, with no link at all on the page.

I tried with two Google accounts (personal and professional), none of them has advanced protection setup.

Any idea of what else to try?

Thanks.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software