nickwilson
Hello.
I have already written to support but I am still awaiting a solution to my problem. I have decided to post here in the hope that someone else can help me fire up my neurons (v 5.5.0.5) again! I have NOT made a brainzip file so I am unable to restore from there.
When I open my brain I receive this message:
Cant seem to add the image so I have attached it....

Is there anyway I can restore my brain using the backup files in the brains folder?

I have also attached the output.log file

Thanks to anyone that can help cause I am brainless at the moment... It is SUCH AN EXCELLENT piece of software that I have 100% of all my life inside... and unfortunatly I cant get at my info!
Nick
Click image for larger version - Name: Clip.jpg, Views: 130, Size: 14.74 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Clip_2.jpg, Views: 128, Size: 45.98 KB
jostber
Hi,

Do you have a hs_err_pid7160.log too?

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
nickwilson
Just checked and no file of that name is there.
Harlan
Hi Nick,

I've already spoken with support about your issue, so you will be hearing from them shortly.

In any case, the next release, 4506, which will be up later today should automatically detect and fix problems like the one you describe. If you are really anxious and can't wait till later today, you can manually revert to the last automatic backup, which is the file "brain_db.backup".

To do so, close PB then:

1. Backup your entire _brain folder. Just in case something goes wrong.
2. Rename the brain_db.backup file to brain_db.zip.
3. Delete the contents of the brain_db folder.
4. Copy the contents of the brain_db.zip file into the brain_db folder.

You should now be able to re-open your Brain without any issue.

Note: If you use the above method, you will lose any changes made since the last automatic backup was made (check the date of the brain_db.backup file). If you wait for 4506, you may be able to recover 100% of your data.

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software