jpmm
I have been told that calendar sync should work both to and from Google, and this is true for creating events in PB, and for creating events in Google, but doesn't appear to work for deleting events.

A test event I have just done not only didn't delete in Google after deleting in PB, but was re-created in PB on sync. The event was previously linked to a thought, but the re-created event was not linked.

A second test event was deleted from Google but didn't delete from PB. At least this one didn't re-create in Google.

Cheers,

Jason

##
PB Pro v6.0.7.9
Java 1.6.0_29
Windows 7 Professional SP1
pthompson
Hello Jason,

Thank you for posting. I have tested this on our end and have not been able to reproduce these results. I've tested this in multiple ways.

Scenario 1:

1. Created an Event in TheBrain on 11 March that lasts for 3 hours.

2. Synced to Google Calendar

3. Checked Google Calendar for Event. It appears.

4. Deleted Event in Google Calendar.

5. Synced Google Calendar with TheBrain. Event is removed from TheBrain and remains deleted in Google Calendar.

Scenario 2:

1. Created an Event in TheBrain on 11 March that lasts for 3 hours.

2. Synced to Google Calendar

3. Checked Google Calendar for Event. It appears.

4. Deleted Event in TheBrain.

5. Synced Google Calendar with TheBrain. Event is removed from Google Calendar and remains deleted in TheBrain.

Scenario 3:

1. Created an Event in Google Calendar on 11 March that lasts for 3 hours.

2. Synced TheBrain to Google Calendar

3. Checked TheBrain for Event. It appears.

4. Deleted Event in Google Calendar.

5. Synced Google Calendar with TheBrain. Event is removed from TheBrain and remains deleted in Google Calendar.

Scenario 4:

1. Created an Event in Google Calendar on 11 March that lasts for 3 hours.

2. Synced TheBrain to Google Calendar

3. Checked TheBrain for Event. It appears.

4. Deleted Event in TheBrain.

5. Synced Google Calendar with TheBrain. Event is removed from Google Calendar and remains deleted in TheBrain.

The only thing I can think of recommended is that you check to make sure you are running the latest version of Java, although, I'm not sure this would have any effect. Any additional information you can share will help us to troubleshoot this issue. Thank you.

Regards,
jpmm
Thanks for the response Patrick.

I've checked Java and it seems the update I did a week ago didn't stick.

I now have Java 1.6.0_31.

I have started to repeat your test cases:

Scenario 1. Steps 1-4 all good: event created in PB, sync, appear in Google, delete in Google, gone in Google. Step 5: On sync with PB, event remains in PB, still gone in Google.

Scenario 2. Steps 1-4 all good: created in Brain, sync, appears in Google, delete in Brain, gone in Brain. Step 5: sync, event remains in Google, and reappears in Brain, no longer linked to thought.

Scenario 3. Steps 1-4 ok: created in Google, sync, appears in Brain, delete in Google, gone in Google. Step 5: sync, event remains in Brain, still gone in Google.

Scenario 4. Steps 1-4 ok: created in Google, sync, appears in Brain, delete in Brain, gone in Brain. Step 5: sync, event reappears in Brain, remains in Google.

Overall, it probably took me an hour to do this repeat with 8 (?) calendar syncs during that time. And the previous test event that I had reported continues to remain in Brain but not in Google.

You suggested that I could send you more info - what do you need? It appears to be a one-way issue that Google has priority over Brain for updating. Is there a setting somewhere to make it bi-directional updating?

I could take screen shots of the final result showing 2 events (#2 and #4) in Google, and all 4 in Brain, but I think the words say this.

I take it that this is only affecting me? Thanks for your patience if so.

Cheers, Jason

pthompson
Jason,

Thank you for the additional information. What you provided is a good source. I will share this with our engineers and developers so they can investigate and fine tune the Google Calendar syncing process. 

Regards,

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software