mikesingleton
I would like to see some indication that an event has been added to a thought without having to manually add an "event" tag. Maybe a mouse over event or right click "Details".

When adding an event I would like more options in the "repeat" option e.g. Biweekly, and multiple individual days such as every Monday and Thursday.

I would like to be able to paste into "where" box when setting an event.

On another topic, I would like child thoughts to initially default to their parent "Type" and/or "privacy" status with the ability to change individual child thought at a later time.

Brigitte
Thank you for your feedback. I will make a note of this. However, you can use the checkbox feature in the Notes section (in notes you can insert a checkbox by selecting Insert > Insert Checkbox) to insert your task with a checkbox next to it so that you can check off your task when you have completed it. You can also set key time based priority Tags. There is also a built-in calendar for scheduling tasks and key due dates associated with your Thoughts. You can create reoccurring events as well as reminders.

Here's also a nice overview on using TheBrain to manage tasks and projects:

zenrain
When you need an event to recur on specific days, choose weekly from the repeats dropdown. You can select the days and number of weeks from there.
[image]
I tested and was able to paste into the Where box (tested on Win 8), not sure why you cannot.

+1, I would also like some sort of indication that there are events associated with a thought.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mikesingleton
Thank you, the checkbox will give me a visual that I have an event attached when hovering over thoughts - it just means that I have to manually add a check box of sufficient size to get my attention and have the notes window open each time I add an event. Or I have to add an event tag each time I attach an event.
I was hoping for an automatic visual on the though when an event is attached.  

I am not looking for work-arounds I am making suggestions for improving the product.

With regard to child thoughts initially defaulting to their parent "Type" and/or "privacy" status -  are you addressing this or should I start a separate message on this?

Zenrain, Thank you, the drop down box was what I was missing [smile] That is perfect.

As far as the paste in "place' is concerned, I just checked again and I can past in "What" or "Description" but not in "Place" I am using win 7

pthompson
mike,

There is an event notification in the Calendar tab that will highlight if the thought has a Note. It is not immediately noticeable, but it's there. You can also click it to see all events associated with a Thought.

mikesingleton wrote:

With regard to child thoughts initially defaulting to their parent "Type" and/or "privacy" status -  are you addressing this or should I start a separate message on this?

I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you elaborate?
mikesingleton
In the first comment of this thread I made this comment....

On another topic, I would like child thoughts to initially default to their parent "Type" and/or "privacy" status with the ability to change individual child thought at a later time.

When adding child thoughts each time I have to manually add a thought type and make the thought private if I want to have it private. I was hoping these charabteristics could carry over from the parent thought.

This was a feature suggestion.
Brigitte
We appreciate the additional feedback. I will make sure it's logged for consideration and future development.

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software