HeinrichUnger Show full post »
jostber
Patrick posted in June that he uses the Beta version since one month ago then. If the Beta has been running since May, I'd guess there is soon time for a RC version for us too look at soon. [smile]
TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
HeinrichUnger
Hm, we will see.

In the meantime a lot of other mindmapping Software have release windows8 compatible, touch Versions etc.

jostber
I see that MindJet has the same policy of not sharing their roadmap:

https://community.mindjet.com/mindjet/topics/what_is_the_roadmap_for_mindjet

The only thing we know is that there will be some new features sometime. [smile]

HeinrichUnger

Yes you are right,

but I see two Versions passing by from mindjet, where there were some Little enhancements from TheBrain.

I´ll feel a fear, that there will happen nothing anymore.

kbunders
Yes, TheBrain is dead.
Not using TheBrain anymore. Switched to Roam Research.
tcahill
As one who has used TheBrain, and personal Brain before it, I'll say that I've heard all the doom and gloom before.... version 3! And 4. And 5, 6 and yes 7. Perspective is everything. Patience everyone.
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
HeinrichUnger
Hm, I started with 5.

And there was a lot of information before 6 and 7.

And in fact, following patrick there are doing beta since April this year.

AND this year Windows7, has gone, Windows 8 is flashing by, and Windows 8.1 is knocking on the door. I think they restartet Beta with W8, and will restart with 8.1. I assume they restarted testing with every new Windows Version.

HeinrichUnger
tcahill wrote:
As one who has used TheBrain, and personal Brain before it, I'll say that I've heard all the doom and gloom before.... version 3! And 4. And 5, 6 and yes 7. Perspective is everything. Patience everyone.

I looked up for Brain 7, there was a public beta from Okt. 20011, until march 2012.

No Information?
hherbzilla
There were certainly more regular updates in the past. It has been a long time since v7 has been updated. I guess I don't mind so much if the energy was just shifted towards v8. I just hope we hear/see something soon. I need my fix. [wink]
Herb
jostber
Maybe we could get some information if there would be a beta soon or if they will go straight for a RC version?

gpatten
One possible factor in all of this might be that TB for iPad will (surely) require iOS 7. Since it seems that the product is currently being reconceived as a ecosystem, it might make little sense to release anything much publicly, even a beta, before Apple comes out with its upgrade. More generally, I wonder if TB is starting to feel more pressure from competitors; that might go some way towards explaining its noticeably more restrictive information policy in recent times.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software