jwagstaff
I noticed that in PB 6 (and perhaps before) holding the shift key down while adding a parent thought creates an "exclusive parent" or, if linking a thought to an existing thought as its parent, a "Link exclusive parent". I can't find any documentation on this, and perhaps it's been around a while, but I'm not quite clear what these terms are.  

Anyone able to enlighten? 

Thanks
Moe
jwagstaff, Thank You for posting. An "exclusive parent" is a Thought that is the only Parent of another Thought.

To create an exclusive parent:

1. Activate the Child Thought that will receive the exclusive parent, select the Thought menu, then select Create Parent.

2. Type in the name of the new Thought as usual.

3. Hold down the Shift key as you click the green button showing a check mark. Any previous parents for the active Thought will be unlinked.

This is covered in the PersonalBrain 6 Transition Guide which can be downloaded from the following link.

Thanks,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software