BrentK
I need to share a portion of my brain, and the best format for me to use is SiteBrain HTML.  Is it possible to do this?

If it's not possible, I'm faced with recreating this portion in a new brain just for the purpose of exporting the new brain.  (If I need to do this, could you recommend the easiest way to take the portion I need to share and bring it into a new brain?)

Brent
pvonk
Have you tried duplicating the database file then trimming the branches of the copy to include the thoughts you want published?
Simplify, Simplify, Simplify - Thoreau
zenrain
Generally what I do is I use crawl brain and modify selection to get all the thoughts I want. Then I copy them from the selection window, and paste them into the new brain and create the branizip (in your case sitebrain).

I also create a tag called updated. In my primary database, every time I change a thought that is in the secondary brain I add the updated tag. Then periodically I will activate that tag, copy all the thoughts and paste them into the other brain. Then I remove the tag in my primary brain and start again.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
BrentK
Alex, good idea, I didn't realize Thoughts could be copied between brains.

(To TheBrain: I do think we need a way to export a portion of a brain...it would make sharing information much easier on a large scale, and would allow people (such as myself) to still keep everything in one brain.)

Brent
zenrain
Ugh. Sorry, you can do this with a SiteBrain (sorry, I haven't created a  SiteBrain for a while, so I'm rusty). 
Select your thoughts you want to export. Note that your home thought must be one of the thoughts selected (so you may have to change it for the export). 

Now choose File > Export > SiteBrain HTML. Make sure the Only Export  the Selection is checked. 
That should export only the stuff you want. If you plan on doing this multiple times, I'd use the tag trick to easily select all the thoughts again and only export those.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
BrentK
Thanks, Alex.  This process works quite well.

Brent

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software