digitecture
Please add support for exporting a selection of thoughts including notes as OPML structure.

This would allow easy movement of Personal brain data to other outline software for greater translation of information and for permanent storage of information in a widely supported format such as OPML.

Thank you,

zenrain
Agreed, this would be very useful.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Teramis
I agree, and I really hope someone is actually reading these comments. PB's lack of export functionality is the primary reason why I do not use or recommend this tool. I generate a boatload of data and having it locked into a proprietary system, unable to work with it with other tools, is a deal-breaker for me. Especially the OPML export capability (if I had to pick just one) would turn me into a PB evangelist. Until then, I regretfully use this tool a mere fraction of what I otherwise would.

digitecture
Bump!  This is really important feature that would immensely help interoperability of using the Brain so that my data can be moved around to other applications.  Please add import opml for notes as well to make the outline more useful like expand and collapsing sections.
HenryTST
I see several old rerquests for OPML export capability.  Is this being considered?  I have a few rather complex PB files that I'd like to export to Tinderbox on the Mac.  OPML export would make this possible.  Do we need more votes for this feature before it will be considered? 
philip9000
Desperately Needed... I find I am migrating away from PB because of the lack of this...
vnomad
BumpetyBump!

It is discouraging to see this important feature left out for so long.

On the importing side, OPML does work for the bare outline, but leaves all notes out.
The import of Freeplane/Freemind .mm files works not at all, giving a stern error message...

support@thebrain.com just today replied that they are aware of the issue, that they are working on it, but also stated that they have no planned date for the fix.

I think we need to do our best to INSPIRE  theBrain_support to get things done  [biggrin]

pthompson
This will be added as a feature request. Thanks.
TotalBalance
So, almost a year later, where is this feature request on the list of enhancements. Any updates?
For myself, when OPML export becomes available, TheBrain will be my "Go To" core collection/organization tool and finally something I can recommend :-)
mcaton
Many of our items on the feature request list have gone towards a new update that is still in development.  No news on it's contents to announce quite yet - and still much more development to go - but I'll certainly confirm that OPML Export is on the request list to be reviewed.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software