zenrain
The Export to Folder > Flat function works exactly the same as the hierarchical folder export.
Export to Folder > Flat should put everything in the same folder (and rename the notes to the applicable thought name).
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Spacenexus

Great, maybe sorting this can replace the feature requested here: http://forums.thebrain.com/post/Export-to-single-folder-4669077.

Jim

@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
zenrain
Agreed. Am I misunderstanding the flat folder export? I thought everything went into one folder, but maybe I'm mistaken?
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Spacenexus
Right Zen. Even us old timers are not infullable!

The flat and hierarchical export functions ARE working correctly and are not identical in function.

If you select an active thought, with a couple of parents, a couple of children and then expand plex and select some grand children (even grand parents) and then export hierarchically, you will see the embedded folders corresponding to the child/parent relationships. If you export flat, you see all those folders at the root folder chosen at export. Both functions are working correctly.

My feature request for 'Export to Single' folder might be more akin to what you are also requesting, which is to dump the whole kiboodle of contents into one folder. On occasion there is purpose in having all the content selected exported to one directory without subfolders.

Jim

@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
zenrain
Ahhh, I see now, thanks for the explanation!

macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software