rgautier
  • Description of the problem
File/Export - SiteBrain HTML - generates an index.html and folders, but browsing to the index.html with Chrome (current version Version 31.0.1650.63 m) shows a blank brain and a search box but nothing else.
  • Version of PersonalBrain
  • OS (Windows XP, Vista, Mac OS, Ubuntu, etcetera)
Windows 7 
  • Java version (it's shown in the PB about screen after "J-")
J-1.7.0_45
Kinoc
I have the same setup as rgautier . ( PB 8.0.0.7/Win 7/J01.7.0_25 ) My setup generates the same non-functioning index.html when viewed with Firefox 26.0. However,  it does work in IE 9. Also the same behavior (works in IE9/not in FF26) is seen with an brain exported with version 7.

Special Note: This problem occurs for me when the HTML is viewed on a local drive. On a whim I just took the same exported brain HTML that has problems when viewed in FF26 on the local drive, placed it on my webserver and it works just fine for both browsers. So it appears to be something with how FF accesses the scripting or such locally, that works when accessed via a webserver. Maybe something with how relative file references are handled in FF/Chrome/etc. versus IE ?

I could see this still being a problem if you were sharing your brains as HTML to others internal to an organization via a mounted file server versus a webserver,or you wanted to browse it as a local file or use it as a reference on a tablet perhaps.
The questions you ask determine the discoveries you make ...
pthompson

Not all web browsers are compatible when attempting to preview the index.html. We recommend using an official html editor software, or hosting the site for preview.

bhyl
I can't find *any* browser that can view the index.html that is generated on export. Is there one that works?

enkidu
I personally NEVER had a problem opening index.html (and correctly navigating the generated pages) with Firefox. Either with TheBrain7 and 8, and with Firefox versions of the last 2 years (currently 29.0)

The problem for me, concerning SiteBrain HTML, lies in the non-customizable colour scheme.
I realise that's off-topic. But since this is the first time I "meet" other SiteBrainHTML users, I'd like to know your feelings about this colour issue.

thanks
enkidu

pthompson
bhyl,

As enkidu, Firefox usually works well. There are also programs made for editing and viewing HTML that work well. 
bhyl
I've got Firefox fairly locked down with adblocker, noscript, ghostery, etc., so I'll try a vanilla firefox implementation...

pthompson wrote:
bhyl,

As enkidu, Firefox usually works well. There are also programs made for editing and viewing HTML that work well. 
bhyl
Also, to be clear, if I run a local webserver and point it to the sitebrain, I can view that just fine. But I want to be able to send the sitebrain to people via email so they can view it, and these are people who don't have the technical ability to run a local webserver to view it.

bhyl wrote:
I've got Firefox fairly locked down with adblocker, noscript, ghostery, etc., so I'll try a vanilla firefox implementation...

pthompson wrote:
bhyl,

pthompson
bhyl,

What is the name of the Brain you exported and the folder that the index.html resides in?
bhyl
2013_wjh is the name of the brain and thebrain put it in a folder called 2013_wjh in the exported brains folder

pthompson wrote:
bhyl,

What is the name of the Brain you exported and the folder that the index.html resides in?
pthompson
bhyl,

Most of the time the issue is with the Brain name and how the folders are structured. Are you able to share this export with us? If so, please send an email to support@thebrain.com so we can have a closer look.
schulze
Hi,
I know this thread has been silent for a while, but just in case:
Please try a short name with only a-z and 0-9 characters, no spaces, nothing else.
Sounds illogical, but worked for me.

Greetings,
Joerg

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software