ruudhein
I've done a lot of customization on my keyboard settings and what not. Is there a way to backup those settings/preferences?

If there's no built-in way to do so right now, is there a file somewhere I could backup?
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
zenrain
export.png 

I then drag the file into a thought in TheBrain. It's a good way to sync multiple computers to using the same shortcuts also. Just Import Shortcuts and point to the export file.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
ruudhein
OMG that's so cool!

Thanks Alex
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
Cerebrum
It is cool!
The file also allows all of the keyboard shortcuts to be viewed at a glance.

Too bad, though, that the Export/Import feature is one more example of where the hamburger button should be killed:
Quote:
That little three-lined button is the devil. Whether you call it a side menu, navigation drawer, or a hamburger, hiding your features off-screen behind a nondescript icon in the corner is usually a poor mobile design choice. Interaction theory, A/B tests, and the evolution of some of the top apps in the world all support the same thesis: The hamburger button is bad for engagement, and you should probably replace it with a tab bar or other navigation scheme.
zenrain
The DEVIL! Kill it Ded!

Whew, that was a nice click-bait-ey article title. I didn't think they could match it with the rest o' the article but they did good. Thanks for the laugh.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
ruudhein
It's a classic 😉 One of the first I read about the problems it can cause. As an indicator of a standard navigation menu on we website or in an app I think it has made enough progress to be recognized but elsewhere...??? 

I'll speak for myself and will point out that I've consistently missed the presence of the hamburger menu, as illustrated by my question. 

(Windows 10)
zenrain
+1 for adding Import/Export text instead of the lines

Or maybe a floppy disk for save.

Just kidding. 😃
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Cerebrum
ruudhein wrote:
I'll speak for myself and will point out that I've consistently missed the presence of the hamburger menu, as illustrated by my question. 
When I saw your opening post, I thought "Yeah, there is a way of exporting keyboard shortcuts. It's right ... here ... somewhere ... in Preferences ... I think." I couldn't find it, even after I glanced at zenrain's post. Then I looked more closely: Ah, there it is. ðŸ˜¯

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software