Bfdonnelly

I'm posting here before I suggest that it might be an "issue." Maybe I'm missing something--and yes, I have searched the Forum.

I have a Brain, which I can make available by download link (but apparently not attach) if needed.

It organizes several different quotes under different headings so that an author can mention a quote in one place and then refer to it in another. For that reason, I am exporting to an outline by pasting as an outline. For instance, I might have:

Subject A
     [#] Subject 1
          Quote a
          Quote b
Subject B
     Subject 2
          Subject 3
               [#] Subject 1
                    Quote a
                    Quote b

(Note, "[#]" indicates a possible position for the "#."
In this case, though, I get only this when I paste:

Subject A
     # Subject 1
Subject B
     Subject 2
          Subject 3
               Subject 1
                    Quote a
                    Quote b

Nothing under # Subject 1. This means that if I want to make sure that each quote is represented under each subject, I have to do it manually, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of using this in the first place. 

Perhaps I'm crawling the brain from the wrong place, or there is no right place. The problem happens no matter what I paste into (Word, Excel, text editor), and (apparently) no matter where I crawl from. I'm using a link depth of 20 which should be plenty, and "crawl in all directions," which should be plenty. 

Am I missing something? Is this a case of having to accommodate some quirk in the software?

zenrain
I just tested this and it appears that the # Subject 1 shows that it's the same thought as the one specified later, and only the non # contains all the child thoughts. I believe it's working as intended, but I can see how it is misleading. 

I would think it should show:

Subject A
     # Subject 1
          # Quote a
          # Quote b
Subject B
     Subject 2
          Subject 3
               Subject 1
                    Quote a
                    Quote b

You may want to post this in the Issues forum to make sure it gets noticed.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software