Underdog

I have seen many entries in the forum regarding the "useless" search feature: It does not function as it does in a native Brain or WebBrain, responding only to the first letter typed, as illustrated.

SiteBrain search results for "projects":
SiteBrain-searchresults.png 

Local and WebBrain search results:
Webbrain_searchresults.png 

As far as I can tell, there has been no official response from TheBrain Technologies on this, yet rumors that SiteBrain is no longer being developed. However, it is still mentioned in the User Guide on Page 212 including the following text:

Quote:
In addition, the SiteBrain has a Search field for finding content within your Brain instantly,
based on the starting characters of Thought names. (my italics)

How is the italicized portion of this to be understood?. A search for the thought "Support Doku" brings up this result in SiteBrain:
Fuzzy Logic.png 

After typing the single letter "s" the results field shows these results. Subsequent characters cause the results list to flash, but the choices remain the same irrespective of what characters are entered.

Since the export SiteBrain HTML feature is still available in TheBrain8 and still mentioned in the User Guide, it is expected to be supported. (Has there been an official statement to the contrary?) Therefore, I would like to submit this a bug to be fixed.

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

Underdog
This isn't just quietly going to go away... not this time!

- Michael

pthompson
The rumors that future SiteBrain functionality and support is no longer being developed are true. We now have a much superior option with TheBrain Cloud Services and the iframe code of a synced Brain that can display rich content and a copy of a Brain that looks exactly as it does online. This platform is also much easier to develop for. 

With that said, I can go ahead and submit this as a bug in case it is an easy fix for our developers.
Underdog
Thanks for the response!
  • Quote:
    iframe code of a synced Brain
    I'm not aware of this feature and it wasn't obvious to me from the answer whether this is forthcoming or already implemented (and somehow available)?
  • Quote:
    The rumors that future SiteBrain functionality and support is no longer being developed are true.
    It seems like future development and current support are being mixed a little here, but I gather by your filing a bug that support is to some degree ongoing while TheBrain 8 is probably the last version that will offer a SiteBrain export feature. From a marketing/development (not to mention customer - oops, but I did ;-) perspective, the SiteBrain feature should be supported until it is officially removed from TheBrain.
Thank you for filing a bug on this! Just to be clear, SiteBrain is not expected to behave like WebBrain (though that would be nice with respect to searching), but it is expected to behave as documented. At least to that extent I hope some action is taken.

Can you give a time-frame for expected feedback on status? (If not, I'll assume 14 days and bump this again then as a gentle reminder.)

- Michael

pthompson
Underdog wrote:
I'm not aware of this feature and it wasn't obvious to me from the answer whether this is forthcoming or already implemented (and somehow available)?

Yes, this feature is already available and is discussed in our tutorial, Adding a Brain to your Website.

Underdog wrote:
The rumors that future SiteBrain functionality and support is no longer being developed are true.

By future support I meant support for the feature in TheBrain application itself. Not support from us on the already existing feature.

Underdog wrote:
Can you give a time-frame for expected feedback on status? (If not, I'll assume 14 days and bump this again then as a gentle reminder.)

Unfortunately, since this is not a widely used feature, I would expect this to take longer than 14 days.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software