jpbogers
Hi,

Is it possible to export a selection of notes in TB9 to a text file or OPML file?

thx

JP

PS: beta 141 is rather unstable, had a lot of random crashes....
mcaton
JP,

Thanks for posting.  Yes, the copy Thoughts as Outline with Notes feature is still there.

In short:
  1. You can Ctrl+click (⌘+click on macOS) on individual Thoughts or Gates to create a group of Thoughts in your Selection Box. 
  2. Right click in the selection box
  3. Select the option for Copy as Text Outline with Notes
  4. Paste into any text editor 
Regarding the crashes you have encountered, please open TheBrain 9 and click on Help > Open Log Directory.  Here you should see an Output.log file and a folder called Error Reports.  Feel free to send us any log files (plus details of what action was taking place when the error/crash happened) immediately after one of your random crashes and we'll take a closer look.

Thank you,
Matt
jbaty
All these years and I didn't know I could CMD-click on a gate to select all the related thoughts. Nice!
jpbogers
Hi Matt

Thanks!!!
Two small stupid newbie questions...
a. what is a gate?
b. it there a way to copy all thoughts under a specific thought?

thx

JP
pshanks

Gates are the circles around the Thoughts.
- Filled in circles means there are other Thoughts (Parent, Child or Jump)
- Not filled in circles means there are NO Thoughts in that direction.

If you Alt-Mouse Click on a gate you select all the Thoughts attached to that gate to the Selection area, which you can then Right-Click over there and get a bunch of stuff including copy thoughts.

And hopefully to makes it's return is the Crawl Brain and Modify Selection which allows you to go Childward, Parentward, Jumpward x not of clicks away from a Thought.

TheBrain 11.0.120.0, iOS V10.0.
Windows 10 (V19041), Windows 7 SP1, OS X V10.15.x
Using The Brain since V3 (1999)

zenrain
Adding this as sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words:
Gate.png 
Quote:
And hopefully to makes it's return is the Crawl Brain and Modify Selection which allows you to go Childward, Parentward, Jumpward x not of clicks away from a Thought.

It's here! Edit > Select Related Thoughts. [smile]

macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pshanks

Quote:

Hey Alex,

I thought I had seen it before, but couldn't find it again.

The renaming of it must of been the challenge, I guess I'm so use to looking for Crawl Brain and Modify Selection that I overlooked the item.

Thanks,

~ Pat

TheBrain 11.0.120.0, iOS V10.0.
Windows 10 (V19041), Windows 7 SP1, OS X V10.15.x
Using The Brain since V3 (1999)

mcaton
Yes, Crawl and Modify is just recently back!

Thanks,
Matt
ratthing
jbaty wrote:
All these years and I didn't know I could CMD-click on a gate to select all the related thoughts. Nice!

Same here.  And I just discovered that I can easily wrong-click on an attachment, select Copy, then paste it into an email, folder, etc.  Harlan is right:  There should be no need to directly mess around with the folder structure set up inside of TB's data folders. 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software