Pinky
I am having a slow down, almost to a dead stop... when doing a brain merge. The Brain indicates that it is very low on memory. How can I bump this up?

I tried the method of TheBrain.vmoptions in the TheBrain.app pkg. No change in VM size. Anyone out there using OSX that can test/send me the correct method?

Using TheBrain
J. 1.60-37 64 Bit
OSX 10.8.2
MacBook Pro 16GB RAM

------
Pinky (and TheBrain 7.0.4.5)
enkidu
I dont know about MacOS, but what exactly did you put in your TheBrain.vmoptions file ?

In windows, I change the batch file which launches TB, modifying these standard JVM settings :
 -Xmx256m -Xms96m

If TB in MacOS is packaged like the linux version, as I suspect, you should have a script that runs it, containing these two options -- with different RAM settings. Find the script & change these

cheers
enkidu

Pinky
to increase the maximum memory TheBrain can use:

Close TheBrain
Create a text file and put the following text into it (there must be a linefeed at the end of the file:
-Xmx320m

Name the text file TheBrain.vmoptions, and place the file in the same location as the TheBrain.jar file. For Windows users, this file is in the Program Files folder. For Mac users it's in the TheBrain application package, under Contents > Resources> app.

Restart TheBrain.

I tried this and it did not work. Got info from TheBrain Users Knowledge Base.

------
Pinky
Pinky wrote:
to increase the maximum memory TheBrain can use:

Close TheBrain
Create a text file and put the following text into it (there must be a linefeed at the end of the file:
-Xmx320m

Name the text file TheBrain.vmoptions, and place the file in the same location as the TheBrain.jar file. For Windows users, this file is in the Program Files folder. For Mac users it's in the TheBrain application package, under Contents > Resources> app.

Restart TheBrain.

I tried this and it did not work. Got info from TheBrain Users Knowledge Base.

------

Pinky
**** Update ****

Modifying the Java Stack (Heap) for the Brain 7.0.4.5

Applications Folder
TheBrain.app with Right click to show package contents
Contents folder
Then use TextEdit to edit ( make a copy first )
Info.plist

<key>VMOptions</key>
<string>-Xmx192m -Xms35m</string><!-- I4J_INSERT_VMOPTIONS -->
<key>Arguments</key>

The values to increase or modify the Java Stack can be found in the forums or the Knowledge Base

Use at own risk (if any). There may be future comments on this info by others

-----
Pinky (and The Brain 7.0.4.5)
zenrain
I've updated the topic on TheBrain Users Knowledgebase and provided a link back to this article.
Thanks!
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
David
Any chance of updating the images for the OS X method? I get the message file not found when I try to download.
zenrain
Images should be fixed now.

Thanks for letting me know.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software