rengel
BTW: The same can be done with the 'Tpyes' tag (see pic). If you attach the 'Types' tab to one side of the plex, you can easily navigate by type.
(Of course this begs some questions: Is the design of the 'Types' and 'Tags' tabs, i.e their color and background, really optimal? Why can't one assign types just the same way as tags?)

Click image for larger version - Name: pic.png, Views: 334, Size: 188.15 KB
Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
PaddyVA
Great ideas; makes these much more usable.  Thanks!
PaddyVA
I really like these ideas, as I said; but since attaching Type and Tags on the LHS as shown above, it seems I've experienced a lot of hangs.  Often, the Tag or Type list doesn't fill in, or fills slowly, and the whole program becomes unresponsive.
I've just moved them back to the bottom, to see if there is a difference.

Anyone else experienced this problem, or an increase in hangs??

Patrick
rengel
I would consider this a bug.

But I have given up reporting bugs like this, because the lack of responses (see your own post in http://forums.thebrain.com/post/ok-im-quitting-6702164).

Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
PaddyVA
I'm not giving up.  [smile]  I may have found a compromise -- I have the Tags anchored on the LHS, and the Types in a window on the bottom.  So far, I haven't seen the hangs since I made this change.  (I tried moving both Tags and Types to the bottom, but quickly went back to trying to at least have the Tags on LHS, as this has more utility for me -- shows number of thoughts in each, so easy to see where information lies.)

I noticed that whenever TB synchs with the webbrain, that the Tags window flashes to blank screen, one or more times, then returns when the update is done.BrainTagType_Snap_2014.01.17_17h49m29s_001_.jpg Patrick
zenrain
Just out of interest, what do you use the * and + tags for?
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software