pderwael

Hi all,

Apart the professional reasons for which I'm using The Brain (documenting policies & procedures), I have also spent some time in trying to describe my family tree.

Vertical relationships (parent <-> children) are obviously no issue, but I'm puzzled about how to represent horizontal relationships.
I see 2 horizontal direct relationship: brother <-> sister and husband <-> wife.

One solution might be to use specific relationship type (brotherhood / marriage), but I'm not totally happy about that : I would prefer something that would be immediately visible and unambiguous.

Any idea is more than welcome

Regards

PB 5.5.2.4 on WinXP SP2
Webbrain: http://www.webandco.be/it-governance/
mbaas
I am using jumps for these (and dedicated linktypes) and that works fine for me. Wouldn't that solve the case for you too?
NorthFarm
Hi,

I'm also using jumps.

Marriage is one link type with one color and
Brother/sister is another type with another color.

Works well for me. I have 1.300+ ancestors in my family tree.

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
pderwael
Thanks for your replies

When I meant "horizontal" relationships, I thought indeed about using jumps.
What I did not know (thanks Northfarm !) is that I could make use of colors, which makes the link nature clearly visible

Thanks !
PB 5.5.2.4 on WinXP SP2
Webbrain: http://www.webandco.be/it-governance/
NorthFarm
Hi again,

you are welcome.

You can also assign different thickness properties for the link types.

Remember to use link types and not just edit the properties for each link.

With link types you can later change the colour/thickness and the change will instantly be reflected throughout your Brain.
Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software