reasonablekamikaze
I know this is a small thing, but please please please allow for * in notes to automatically create a bullet.

This is how it works in pretty much every single note taking app out there. I do it automatically all the time, and keep being reminded this isn't supported by TB. ðŸ˜‘
MalecJan
If you feel waiting too long, you can do workaround by AutoHotkey script.
Adding following code into your/new script, saving and running the script should work. (works for me on Windows7)
SetTitleMatchMode 2 ; Mode of detecting window title
#IfWinActive TheBrain ; following shortcuts work only in window with "TheBrain" in title
NumpadMult::Sendinput {U+2022} ; * star on numeric keyboard --> bullet
+8::Sendinput {U+2022} ; * star written as Shift+8 --> bullet
#IfWinActive
jayofemi
Hello,

This feature request has been documented and sent to our engineering team. We will be sure to notify you once a version of TheBrain with this functionality is released.

Thanks,
Jay
reasonablekamikaze
jayofemi wrote:
Hello,

This feature request has been documented and sent to our engineering team. We will be sure to notify you once a version of TheBrain with this functionality is released.

Thanks,
Jay

Thanks, Jay. 😊

Do you have the ticket # I can add to the title of this post, please?
jayofemi
Hello,

Yes. That would be ticket: WIN-2243

Thanks,
Jay
jayofemi

Hello,

I am happy to inform you that TheBrain now supports markdown in the new TheBrain 11 (available now for testing).

Actions like using an asterisk * to automatically create a bullet point (among others) can now be done in the Notes Editor.

If you'd like, go ahead and download and test version 11 from our Forums page and confirm this. Otherwise, you can also wait till we release the stable version to the public.

TB 11 details:
See our forum page on TheBrain 11, for the download link and other info regarding testing TheBrain 11.
Note: It is not advisable to switch back and forth between TB 10 and TB 11, as they use the same working directory. More on this on the download page.

https://forums.thebrain.com/?forum=754315

Please let us know if you have any further questions/concerns.

Thanks,
Jay

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software