DavidGretzschel
Instead of going back from a Brain to the Brain list, which is jarring. The expectation that pressing back gets you one step backwards in a sequence of steps is almost hardwired into me. So I tend to click on back to get to the Thought that was last active, cause I think that's how the world works, and all of a sudden I get kicked out of my Brain 🙁

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

metta
Wow....That's even worse than the B/F navigation bug in the web client. At least in the web client, you just go back one step....and then....nothing happens, but you are still inside your brain. ðŸ™
mcaton
David,

Thanks for posting. I think this is the first request we've had for the back button going back the the previously visited Thought. I'll document the request. What happens if you never navigated to a different thought after opening a Brain and then click the back button?  or get back to the thought you started on?  Then back to the Brains list?

Matt
DavidGretzschel
If there's no Thought to go back to, the back-button shouldn't do anything.
It's easy enough to go back to the Brain-list by clicking on the top left arrow.
I wouldn't want it to go back to the Brain-list, since syncing will delete the navigation history
and it's never clear when TB decides to sync (or that's what I recall from the TB10-manual).

And if there's a back-button, then there should also be a forward button.
Chrome (and probably most other Android browsers) do this very well, where they put a
forward button in the overflow menu on the top right.
At the moment in the TB-overflow, there's only "Help", so there's plenty of space.

"Nobody has asked for a back button" is the wrong way to look at it, I think.
It's an obvious boon.
I think more along the lines of "Noone has complained about a back-button being part of TB-desktop.".

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

--
---
---

mcaton
Just to be on the same page, are we talking about the arrow on the Top Left or Bottom Left when a Brain is open?

Matt

Screenshot_20200214-163855.png 
DavidGretzschel
The arrow in top-left should go back to the other Brains. I would never refer to that as the "back button",
since how would I know that that's what it's called? It's just a symbol in the UI.

The software-button on the buttom of the screen is what I referred to as the "back button".
Might be a hardware button or a gesture on some Android devices.
That's what should be having the "go back to last Thought"-capability, just like alt+left on the Desktop.

--
---
---

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software