Moltaire
I have one master brain, and often things get very messy. Some thoughts have tons of sub-thoughts, sometimes thoughts with the same name appear in two different fields of thought (say philosophy and psychology) without any beautiful way of avoiding duplication or redundancy, and sometimes there are so many links that it's hard to gain that one-glance-understanding that is the strength of the plex.

What I would love is to be able to have a thought which also works as a brain. I could click a special button and the brain within a brain would open in the same or in a new tab. Otherwise it just shows as a normal thought inside my plex. If inside a sub-brain, a back button could return to the main brain.

It would also be amazing if my search function would also crawl the brains within my main brain, and show up in the results with a special marker, so I can quickly access a sub-brain if need be.

What do you all think?
mcaton
Moltaire,

Thank you for posting.  This can certainly be done in the current configuration. Here are some basic steps to get you started:

1. Create your first "Sub Brain"
    File > New Brain - Let's call the new Brain "Philosophy"
  2. On the Home Thought of Philosophy, right click an select "Copy Local Thought URL" 
  3. Open your Master Brain and go to the Philosophy thought
  4. Right click and select Paste Web Link
  5. Voila! You've got a link from one Brain to a specific Thought in another Brain

Additionally, you can create a Thought in your Philosophy Brain called "Return to Master Brain." On this thought, copy a local Thought URL from your Master Brain and Paste it in. I would recommend that you keep this Thought Pinned for easy access/return at any time.

We have other options for "Spring Cleaning" in your Brain as well.  Please take a look at http://www.thebrain.com/community/recorded-events/archive/2017/gardening-2017/ for some great ideas on how you can clean up areas of your Brain that have become cluttered over time.

Thanks,
Matt
Moltaire
Thanks Matt, sounds like a good solution. Would really like the indexing of the brain within the brain though!
mcaton
Ah - now that's a new feature.  I'll be sure to write that up.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software