mbaas
This is something that has been discussed already in V6-times, I think - and I had the impression Harlan thought it was a nice idea ;-)

I'd like a feature in a thought's context-menu to copy the address of the thought-folder to the clipboard. I found that I often need that when I want to save a file directly into a thought-folder, and the routine via "Open thought folder" (select address, copy, close folder) just involves too many steps. And yes, I know that I can create attachments directly - but often they "appear" in an app before I had a chance to involve the brain. (Example: dnload pdf  -> open directly in PDF reader. Would be nice if I could simply use the new feature and then save directly into that folder.)
mcaton
Thanks Michael,

I'll be sure your request is documented for v9.

Thank you,
Matt
mbaas
Actually...

I'd like to extend that idea: why not have an action "Thought" > "Copy Stuff" (pick more serious term!) which, when invoked (via content-menu on thought oer hotkey) would bring up a menu with these items:

1) Thought Title
2) Path to Thought Folder
3) Thought
4) Text of note
5) Path of [only | selected] attachement
6) File of [only | selected] attachement
7) and whatnot......

(use keys 1..4 as accelerators for these actions), so that with two keystroke (or mouseclicks) one could copy whatever related to the current thought :-)

mcaton
Interesting!  That's adding a lot of content to the context menu, but I'll be sure to share the idea with the team.

Thank you,
Matt
mbaas
Well, if it's being put into the Context-Menu, there should only be the "Copy Stuff"-Title which would either open a new menu or a submenu with the individual items, so it would not be too cluttered :-)
Brigitte
Thanks for the additional input. I will let Matt and the team know. 

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
mbaas
Yea - it is there! [cool]

Thank you, thank you, thank you. HUGE improvement (honestly!) - very happy![smile]

:fireworks:  [crazy]

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software