Manni
When I use the brain for a presentation, I occasionally click on a thought that doesn't have nested thoughts because I'm not sure if there are more thoughts nested into it.

This is a problem in V10 because:

1) If I click on an already active thought, the thought editor will appear. This is highly undesirable during a presentation, so I'd like this to be disabled by default (or at least have an option in preferences/behaviour/other to disable this). In V8, it does nothing and that's what we want.

2) It would be great to have an option to show visually when there are other thoughts nested into a thought, so that we don't have to click on them just to check if there is something below that level or not. For example, a small "+" in one corner or something last that. Maybe it already exists and I'm not aware of it. [EDIT: looks like this is already there, there is a green dot below the thought if there are thoughts below (where the link will appear), and an empty dot if there are no nested thoughts, can't believe I never noticed this before!]

So overall, following up on http://forums.thebrain.com/post/suggestion-not-showing-private-thoughts-when-presentation-mode-is-enabled-9832704?pid=1305270413, it looks like we could have a "presentation mode" section in options/preferences/behavior with the following options:

- don't show private thoughts
- disable thought editor [EDIT: set On click active thought to Nothing automatically, as per Zenrain's suggestion below]
- show nested thoughts indicator [EDIT: already there, see edit above]
TB V10.0.32.0 running in Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1809 with Bootcamp on a 2018 MBP 13" with 16Gb of RAM, 2TB SSD and i7 @ 2.7Ghz.
zenrain
For 1. go to Preferences > Behavior and change the dropdown for the On click active thought to Nothing.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Manni
Thanks, that's great.

So it means that we only need an option to to set Click on active thought to nothing automatically when enabling presentation mode. I edited the post above to reflect this.
TB V10.0.32.0 running in Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1809 with Bootcamp on a 2018 MBP 13" with 16Gb of RAM, 2TB SSD and i7 @ 2.7Ghz.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software