andreas
I have several apps like Papers or Evernote that allow me to link to individual files from other apps.
If I copy a "classical note link" to Evernote and want to paste it into a TB9 thought, TB9 immediately crashes. The thought is there, once I reopen TB9 but clicking on the thought or just hovering over it causes TB9 to crash again immediately.
mcaton
Thanks for sharing.  I'm not getting the crash with classical note links - but it's also not working (loads a blank content window).  I'll document this issue and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Matt
mcaton
Also, how are you adding your attachment with this type of link?  Enter URL?

Thanks,
Matt
andreas
Yes, "enter URL". This causes TB9 to crash and the link is opened to the Evernote note. 
Hbrooks2
Also an imported V8 Brain with working URL to Devonthink, now crashes when clicked.

Harlan
Can you post the text of the URL as it appears in TB8 please?
Regards,
-Harlan
andreas
Here is one that crashes TB9:

evernote:///view/2147483647/s468/b45d118d-92e7-4dab-8cfa-79171374a6cc/b45d118d-92e7-4dab-8cfa-79171374a6cc/98e1a1b3-e8fe-4d9e-9992-e90bc9df9a99
Harlan
Will be fixed in 9.0.73.
Regards,
-Harlan
andreas
perfect, thanks!
mcaton
Good news, this particular issue should be addressed and working in our current 9.0.75 build.

Thank you,
Matt
andreas
The integration now works. But if I have an Evernote page up with links to other Evernote pages, clicking on the links has no effect.
Harlan
That sounds like an issue with Evernote... You can test that by opening your notes in a browser (click in notes, then click the rightmost icon, select "open in browser") and then clicking the link from there. If it doesn't work when opened in your browser, then it is not a problem with TB9 and it means that Evernote is not responding to the protocol properly. Please let us know. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
andreas
Harlan, the links work fine in Safari; just not in the TB9 browser.
korm
Custom URL links to DEVONthink or iThoughtsX (and therefore I assume others) cannot be successfully pasted into Notes or a thoughts, or into an URL attachmentfield.  In Notes the link is pasted then vanishes.  In the case of URL attachments, the custom URL is not even accepted by the dialog.

Here are a few example custom URLs if someone else wants to try.  (They'll have no result on your machine, of course.)

x-devonthink-item://61B3EDB3-CDA3-4C8D-8262-19F48EC5A185

ithoughts://Collector?topic=1D16E5F2-51C0-4C71-8608-2A4369A3B7EE

curio:///Users/SYNKON/Documents/Curio%20-%20Common/DoodlePad%2020141006.curio?ideaspace=CB9A6F9D-17D7-49A9-8DD7-A8A602BDD837
mcaton
Thank you both for the feedback.  Lots more testing to be done with these examples.  Thanks for sharing and I have documented the issues.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software