DavidGretzschel
too long, don't want to read?
Just watch a video!
fast list scrolling, pretty please

issue:
So I have a testing scenario involving 209 PDF files. (on TB 11.72 on Plusle (see signature for hardware stats))

In Windows explorer I can scroll from the first PDF to the buttom in 7 seconds.

In TheBrain on a maximized Plex in Outline Mode, scrolling the same list (with TB storing the same files internally) will take a whopping 39 seconds.
Very slow!

However if I turn "Update displayed content on mouse hover or keyboard highlight" on, scrolling the whole list will take a ludicrous 54 seconds, which is 15 whole seconds longer!
So TheBrain is updating Content that I'm not actually able to see.
Even worse, since I'm scrolling down to get to the next Thought, it actively delays me from seeing the thing, I do want to see.
Ain't nobody got time for that!

sub-request 1: (probably the easier one)
So I'd like TheBrain to never "update displayed content", when there's no place to display it.
Or rather I'd very much want TheBrain to never update undisplayed content.
Because that would be pointless.

sub-request 2:
And I'd also like scrollilng thru Thoughts with the Focus-highlighter to be about 5 times as fast, so that it matches the experience of scrolling thru a filelist in Windows explorer.

Scrolling speed might be a minor detail for most people, but for me it always has made TheBrain feel very sluggish to me.
If that could be massively increased, I think it'd be a much more pleasurable experience for every user.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

DavidGretzschel

ah also......Happy Easter!

Completely forgot about that, since I'm quarantined and kept away from family 🙁

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

metta
+1 ~ Thanks, @DavidGretzschel, for taking time to document this issue.

(FWIW, watching the slow list scrolling may not be interesting, but the narration always is!) ðŸ˜‰
mcaton
Nice "scrolling sound effects" too!

Thanks for posting. There is certainly some more graphic information that is being displayed in the plex vs. explorer which needs to be considered (Links and gates for example) but I'll share with the team for further review.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software