PJMiller Show full post »
zenrain
I see two use cases here:

The first (not in order of importance) is having the notes window open and browse to different locations in my database but NOT have it update the notes window. This makes it easy to take information from different locations and combine it in an existing notes window (so the window updating when I browse TheBrain wouldn't be helpful here). I like the way this is currently handled.

The second which hasn't been addressed is the ability to have a notes window that updates when I change the thoughts. This allows me to have notes displayed conspicuously in a window that updates as I browse my database. Having the ability to do this would also be useful, particularly in busy environments, or for presentations, or other stuff I can't think of off the top of my head. (+1)
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
PJMiller
zenrain wrote:
The second which hasn't been addressed is the ability to have a notes window that updates when I change the thoughts. This allows me to have notes displayed conspicuously in a window that updates as I browse my database. Having the ability to do this would also be useful, particularly in busy environments, or for presentations, or other stuff I can't think of off the top of my head. (+1)

This is exactly right, this is the way I use it and this is why leaving this capability out of TheBrain 9 is a bad mistake which will leave TheBrain 9 inferior to TheBrain 8.
mcaton
Feature request for the floating notes pane is still open and will be considered for a future update.

Thanks,
Matt
PJMiller
mcaton wrote:
Feature request for the floating notes pane is still open and will be considered for a future update.

Thanks,
Matt

This probably means that the developers have decided to put this issue to one side in the hope that users will forget about it because they either can't or don't want to tacke the complexities of Windows 10 screen scaling.
Harlan
PJMiller wrote:

This probably means that the developers have decided to put this issue to one side in the hope that users will forget about it because they either can't or don't want to tacke the complexities of Windows 10 screen scaling.

Actually, it means that we're considering it for a future update... Has nothing do to with screen scaling.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software