KenBlackman
I often link thoughts to gmail conversations, particularly thoughts representing people. 

TheBrain's browser isn't supported by modern gmail. Which would be fine, because the old HTML version of gmail does work.

However, the URL to a conversation in old gmail is different than in the new gmail.

So what I end up having to do is:

1. paste in the URL to the conversation
2. Navigate to the old gmail
3. scroll or search to find the conversation I wanted to save
4. Modify the attachment URL to be the link to the conversation in old gmail format

So I'm wondering, how easy/hard would it be to have TheBrain's browser support today's gmail? 
DavidGretzschel
+1/2 (I use eM client these days, but GMail is pretty decent and TB supporting would be a good thing)

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

drruth2
I would prefer to have the browser be my preference vice an arbitrary selection.  I do not favor gmail as an arbitrary choice.
Dennis Ruth, CISSP Retired
Aerospace Scientist
Computer Scientist
Lieutenant Colonel (Ret) US Army
Professor (Ret) National Defense University
 College of Information and Cyberspace
mcaton
Ken,

Thanks for posting. Sorry, I'm having trouble following the request, but maybe I'm missing something. I use Gmail and often attach important emails to thoughts. TheBrain remembers my login/password with cookies, so anytime I visit that thought, the email shows up in TheBrain's built in browser in the content window. 

Am I using the "old" version of Gmail?  Is there something newer that I should be aware of?

FYI... any time I have a message that I want to ARCHIVE, I copy and paste the text from the email into my Notes...

Matt
KenBlackman
It's ok, honestly this one's really not that important, and I'd rather close the issue and turn our attention to other ones. Thanks and sorry.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software