DavidGretzschel
43,  BlackBerry

It's really frustrating to have to tap at the top line of an empty note before I can start typing. That's already annoying on a normal Android phone, but especially on my BlackBerry where there's a hardware keyboard and one expects to be able to type immediately anyway.
It should suffice to tap anywhere in the empty fullscreen notes field to signal the system that I'd like to start typing.
This is a strong expectation so I still find myself tapping and not understanding why typing does not work.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

DavidGretzschel

video illustration of what I'm talking about, now on Moto, v45

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

--
---
---

mcaton
David,

In some scenarios, users just need to see a note, not actually edit it.  So the default setting is to view and another tap is needed to activate the keyboard and start editing... Even with an external keyboard, the behavior/process is the same.

Matt
DavidGretzschel
@mcaton 
thought I already replied to that, but must have been eaten:
Perhaps it shouldn't start with an editing cursor, but I bet many users would prefer it. Feature request for this being a setting then?
The more important point is, that phones are tall these days.
And touching whitespace on the maximized notes screen should activate the cursor (at the start or end position).
With a high res display and small display settings, the target area (of an empty note) is small and about as inconvenient as it gets (right at the top, where your fingers are not, because that's no way to hold a phone).

Most notes are mostly going to be whitespace and if one would want to change that or starting a new note, the ergonomics are terrible at the moment.
One more reason to not bother with the Android client, atm.
(especially sad since the default notes is about the only content that Android can deal with)

--
---
---

mcaton
Agreed. It's a valid feature request.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software