Moltaire
Hello,

It would be very useful to have labels that allow for multiple levels of information. Upon pressing return in the labels field, one could add another level of information.

For example, in this case of a nation state, I would use one line for population, one for currency, one for main official language, etc.

This would allow for more complex information to appear when hovering over a thought.

Thanks for all your work,

M
mcaton
Moltaire,

This sounds veeeery similar to Thought Tags - have you used them?  With v9 you can even customize the icon with a flag, currency icon, symbols, etc.

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
More info on Thought Tags...

Moltaire
Hello Matt,

Thanks for your reply. What I would like to see is more elaborate information appearing when I hover over a thought. Yes, thought tags allow me to do this. But I would then have to create a tag for ever bit of information, clogging up my system of tags which is very concise.

If for example I am adding population size to cities, 13,245,031 is a one off piece of information for one city which would be a redundant tag. That's why a more flexible label system where I could press enter and add a new line of information would be very useful.

Best,

M
metta
Interesting idea, Moltaire!

I confess I didn't really understand your first description of multi-level thought labels -- and, if what you are describing is several rows of labels that would appear on hover, I'd love it!

In some brains, this might even reduce the need for using the notes, while still providing fields for entering additional, easily viewable and searchable content.

Thanks for sharing this great idea!
Moltaire
Several rows of labels is exactly what I mean [smile]
Harlan
Would your objectives be met if you could have multiple lines of text in a label? Sort of like a miniature notes field that appears on hover?
Regards,
-Harlan
Moltaire
Yes that is exactly it Harlan.
zenrain
Ohhhhh
+ 1
macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42
mcaton
Feature request is documented.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software