DavidGretzschel
I have made a lot of feature requests about text-to-Thought-links and a lot have been discussed recently.

What I didn't think of yet, was to simply overload the normal F6/F7/F8-commands.
[I'm of course referring to Thought>create new Child/Parent/Jump Thought]
When used on the Plex, they should do the same as before, creating a respective link on the Plex.
When used from within the Notes-Editor, they should also do that, but at the same time create a text-to-Thought-link appearing at the cursor. (and when text is selected, it should populate the search-field, and when nothing is selected, it should create a new Thought and create a text-link to it)

At the moment there's no real point to use F6/F7/F8 from within the Notes-Editor, anyway.
So it wouldn't overwrite functionality that people are likely to actively use.
Making a Plex-command do different things, depending on whether the Plex or the Contents-area is active, is already possible as View>Zoom in and View>Zoom out demonstrates.

Also I propose that "Thought>create Thought" should also be overloaded and be merged with Notes>Insert Link to Thought.
When a term is entered in the search-field, pressing "Thought>create Thought" should still create an Orphan-Thought with that name.
However at the moment this command won't do anything, if nothing has been typed.
I suggest that in the Plex (without anything typed in the search box), it would open the Thought-Creation dialog.
If an already existing Thought is selected, it'll simply activate it.
If the search-term doesn't match an existing Thought, it would create a new Orphan Thought and activate it.
In the Notes-Editor it should work exactly like Notes>Insert Link to Thought, except that it should be possible to create a new Orphan Thought (and link to it), without activating it.

The first advantage is that it's easier now to create Orphan-Thoughts from many different contexts, eliminating useless movement.
The second one is that it would make it easy and intuitive to make Plex-mirrored text-to-Thought-links.
(speeding up this process enables whole new workflows)
The third one, would be easier maintenance with only one Thought-Creation dialog existing and having to be maintained (or extended with new features).
The fourth one, is that the user has to remember/assign fewer keybindings.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

DavidGretzschel
Also it would then be sensible to add F5 to be the default keybinding for "Thought>create Thought", because in functionality it would naturally extend the defaults for F6 to F8. (I already have it set up like that, personally)

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software