perry
TB9 functions the same as TB8 in this regard, but I'd appreciate the displayed note to remain until another note is triggered by hover.

What I've found is to view a note I hove over the Thought, but if the zoom is too small I have to focus the thought before I can manipulate the note.

Not sure if I've thought through all the issues... just a thought .

mcaton
Thanks for sharing.  My initial thought is that it could potentially cause a bit of confusion if you accidentally mouse over another thought on your way to the Notes area.  But we'll think about this option a bit more...

Thanks,
Matt
perry
mcaton wrote:
My initial thought is that it could potentially cause a bit of confusion if you accidentally mouse over another thought on your way to the Notes area.  But we'll think about this option a bit more...

I also realised that you could Alt-Click the Thought and the Note should become active without losing the current Plex display?

I'll have to try it, but if that's the way it works it's much more intuitive to require explicit activation IMO.

You could adjust the amount of time that triggers a hover event (to minimise the accidental mouse over event)?
perry
perry wrote:

I also realised that you could Alt-Click the Thought and the Note should become active without losing the current Plex display?

I'll have to try it, but if that's the way it works it's much more intuitive to require explicit activation IMO.

You could adjust the amount of time that triggers a hover event (to minimise the accidental mouse over event)?

Well, that didn't turn out like I thought it might: Alt+Click does highlight + open Thought window... but the notes disappear when you close the thought window.

Unless there was potential to CTRL+ALT+Click to highlight without focus, I think my idea's lacking prospect?

perry
Here's a new discovery:

When you Alt-Click a Thought the Properties window appears. If you click into the Notes, the Properties window closes, and if you make an edit to the Notes (eg add a space), the Note stays active whilst the cursor is still in TB... although there are a few inconsistencies:
  1. Click Parent Thought
  2. Alt-Click child with Notes: Properties displays and Notes appear
  3. Click into Notes and make edit
  4. Hover over other Thoughts (Content does not update)
  5. Hover over Notes: Just edited Note disappears
  6. Alt-Click same Child with Notes: Properties displays but No Notes appear
  7. Click Plex: Back to normal
mcaton
Thank you for reporting.  Lots to document here.

Matt
perry
mcaton wrote:
Thank you for reporting.  Lots to document here.

If it wasn't clear, the 'new discovery' was something good: it gave that persistence I originally thought was a good idea (but obviously confusing in hindsight)... maybe even great as it required specific action by the user to make the notes persist (I guess you could do something similar and non-altering to the note by using a pin)... but the inconsistencies were not helpful [smile]

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software