Moltaire
One of my favourite features is looking at images I've attached to a thought in my brain. I love to download high quality images from the internet, then view them as I'm browsing through my brain.

However, I find it frustrating that I can only view one image per thought. If I add any other images to one thought, I have to open them in a viewer rather than just have them expand from that thought in the brain. 

For example, I like to add photographers to my brain, and add my favourite images – but I end up having to create a new thought per image. I then add less photos because I don't like having loads of thoughts with just images and awkward titles.

What I don't like:

Captura de pantalla 2016-05-07 a las 01.14.55.png 

What I would love to see is an image slideshow: When I add multiple images to a thought, the first one would pop-up as usual, and there would be discreet arrows that appear when I hover over one side of the image which allow me to navigate to the other images. I could then add as many images as I like to one thought and browse through them either by clicking on the arrows or with the keyboard. Doesn't have to be any fancy sliding animation, just being able to access multiple images would be great.

This would mean that instead of the image dezooming when I move off the thumbnail, the image would stay if I move my mouse inside of it without going off the edge.

It would look like this except that discreet arrow would appear at the edge of the image: 

http://www.elated.com/res/File/articles/development/javascript/jquery/elegant-sliding-image-gallery-with-jquery/

Advanced feature: Slideshow function. I can set an interval for how often the image moves on to the next while I hover over the thumbnail without moving the mouse. Slideshow stops if I move mouse.

All the best to the team,

M

perry
Nice idea. Not completely different to the discussed Notes View.

I guess if we ever get html formatted Notes output that it could be an option?
Moltaire
Hi perry,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it really relates to the Notes view. I'm not talking about images in notes - I'm talking about images that are attached to a thought and that pop-up when you hover over the thumbnail/thought icon.
pthompson
This is a great suggestion and I will make sure it is documented.
korm
+1 -- this, or something like Cover Flow
perry
Moltaire wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it really relates to the Notes view. I'm not talking about images in notes - I'm talking about images that are attached to a thought and that pop-up when you hover over the thumbnail/thought icon.

No, not 'relating' like that... I meant the aggregation of the data: here it's images into a slide show and with notes it was thoughts into a document.

I could see the similarity, but it's not related as such.

I think it's a great idea btw

Maybe something could be done with audio files too... playlists?
Moltaire
Ah yes, now I see perry.

Korm's cover-flow idea is great. It would be awesome to slide through images with the trackpad. All media attached to the thought could pop-up and be previewed: pdfs, audios, videos, youtube videos, internet pages, and it could be possible to slide from media to media.
zenrain
+1, this would be a useful feature.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Thanks everyone,

We've documented the "zoomable icon slideshow" feature for further review by the engineers.

Thank you,
Matt
zenrain
Matt, I first read your post as:
"We've documented the "zombie icon slideshow" feature"

+1 for a zombie slideshow feature as well... [smile]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software