Moltaire
Hello hello, yet another feature request from ole me (my apologies)

I currently use Evernote for one thing: to quickly capture a thought in either written or audio format. Evernote is not open most of the time, and I just use the capture function in the menu bar OS X. I then transfer the thoughts from Evernote to TheBrain.

Captura de pantalla 2016-05-13 a las 20.23.59.png 

Now I know some kind of thought inbox is coming to TheBrain 9. So instead of talking about that, let me just suggest a function I would like to see:

Either a similar menu bar extension for quick input, or a shortcut to bring up a similar small window. I would then like to be able to quickly add content to a thought, and send it straight to my inbox.

For example, say I wanted to create a thought called TheBrain Forum. If I wanted to add a note to the thought (Where we talk about TheBrain), I would just write some text underneath the thought title. If I wanted to add an image to the thought, I would just drag an image into the window. Same goes for an url, audio etc. The thought would then be sent to the inbox complete with notes, attached image, url etc. If I wanted to add multiple thoughts in one go, I would separate them with something like a horizontal line, like the one available in TheBrain's notes.

Captura de pantalla 2016-05-13 a las 20.33.40.png    
Simple formatting could be used to specify certain things: Is this text a thought: underline it. Or it could just be based on order: first line is the thought. What comes underneath is content. Other possibilities could be things like: should this url be added to the notes instead of the thought? Then add a n: before the url. etc.

This would completely eliminate my need to use Evernote and allow me to get complex thoughts into TheBrain on the fly. If this function could be available without having my brain open, it would also save me on a bunch of resources as my old laptop slows down quite considerably when it's open.

Thanks as always for your time and all your work,

Best,

Moltaire
pthompson
This is something we can definitely look into in the future. Thanks for sharing.
perry
Sure would be nice!!

Trello has something similar in the Browser (Note how MarkDown would be really handy in this situation? also how the Board / List can be selected - this could relate to Brain / inbox?):

Screenshot - 17_05_2016 , 9_05_33 PM.png
Moltaire
+1 for Chrome/Firefox extension too.
pthompson
Thanks for the additional ideas.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software