DavidGretzschel

I have a fairly complicated setup, that I want to build to and eventually run.
It involves 9 Virtual Desktops and a lot of TheBrain-instances each showing a different Plex.
Each time I restart the Brain with File>Exit, all the old instances will open back up, but all in the same Workspace, that I invoke them.
And almost more importantly, the same happens with every crash.
I'm still figuring out how many instances I can run safely, but it's very frustatring that each time I push into a limit, I'll have to do a lot of work just to test from that point again.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

mcaton
David,

Do you mean that you wish for an option to have all synced Brains downloaded at once if for any reason you wipe them all out locally?

Matt
DavidGretzschel

Eh.... no. That wasn't on my mind at all.

I guess I should have said TheBrain-windows instead of TheBrain-instances.
Also when I say Virtual Desktop, I mean the inbuilt Windows-feature where you have multiple..... well, Desktops.
I usually call them Workspaces, but I officially they're called Virtual Desktops.
This is not about Virtual Machines or something like that.

An example:
I have TheBrain-11-window A on Virtual Desktop 1 and another TheBrain-11-Window B on Virtual Desktop 2.
When I'm done using TheBrain, I'll close the program via File>Exit, so that those windows (and their tabs) will be restored,
when I open TheBrain next.
However when I open TheBrain-11 on Virtual Desktop 1, both TheBrain-11-windows A and B will restore on Virtual Desktop 1.
What I would like to happen instead is TheBrain-Window A opening on Virtual Desktop 1 and TheBrain-Window B opening on Virtual Desktop 2.

If you use more than just two Virtual Desktops and would like to do specific things on specific Virtual Desktops, it becomes a lot of work to always put program windows back where they belong.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

mcaton
I see.  Thank you for the clarification.  I'll document the request.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software