DavidGretzschel
I have a Thought called "grainyGravatar". It's a Child of "findingGoodIconPicture". So I was typing "picture", "icon", "gravatar", "photo", "thumbnail" and Search never gave me either result. That was very frustrating.
By sheer luck I remembered "grainy" and was succesful. Now when I created that Thought I was having a camelCasePhase, which I'm over now. But I didn't know at the time and it wasn't obvious to me, that camelCase is verboten (or a bad idea). I expected that search would be able to find it via substring search.
It can find the Thought "grainy picture" when I merely search for "picture".
It wasn't clear to me, that I'd need to use spaces for better searchability (which luckily I do anyway).
Please consider adding this as a new feature. Or if not, at least set the expectation that camelCase is ill-advised very clearly in the documentation. Also please write documentation 😉

edit:
Thought in TheBrain-Brain

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

metta
+1 for CamelCase search

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software