jotapa
When we add a new Thought, if we write the thought name and press Enter, TB will complete the thought creation process and add it to the Plex.

If we input the name and then select a thought type or tag, pressing Enter does not complete the process anymore. We have to click again on the thought name box, so it gains focus and we can press Enter to complete the creation process. It's annoying. In fact, all unnecessary mouse move and clicking - like this one - is not good UI design. 

It's simple, easy and a small but nice enhancement to the user experience: please, make it possible to press Enter to complete a Thought creation process, even if you selected tags or thought type after writing the thought name.

korm
macOS 10.11.5 v9.0.94.0

I can do this: I select a thought, press ⌘↓ (for example) to start child-thought creation, type the thought name, click Type or click Tag and select one or both, press Enter.  Voila -- thought is created.

Or, I type the thought name, select Type, type a new thought Type, press Enter to make the Type and Enter to make the Thought.  (I don't think pressing Enter after Type creation and then once again to finish the thought creation is a bad thing -- it seems natural.)

I never have to "click again on the thought name box" -- without my help that box always regains focus as soon as the Type or Tag activity is completed.

Is there a different way you are creating thoughts?
zenrain
There are two different behaviors when assigning tags or types. Both scenarios below are based on using keyboard only (tested on OS X).

Types:
Type the thought name and press the types button (or keyboard shortcut).
Arrow down or type the tag name and hit enter to choose your type. At this point the cursor is placed back into the thought name. Press Enter again to Create the thought. 

Tags:
Type the thought name and press the tags button (or use the keyboard shortcut). 
Arrow down or type the tag name and hit Enter to choose the tag. 
I think the hangup is here. The focus doesn't change back to the thought name after you press Enter because you can assign multiple tags to the same thought (or select the same tag you chose the first time to remove the tag from the thought. You can select a new tag to assign or, or press Esc to get back to the thought name and hit Enter to create it.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
My findings are the same as korm's. I am able to create Thoughts all using my keyboard.
jotapa
I use Windows and the behavior is not the same. From zenrain's post:

------------------------------------------------
Types:
Type the thought name and press the types button (or keyboard shortcut).
Arrow down or type the tag name and hit enter to choose your type. At this point the cursor is placed back into the thought name. Press Enter again to Create the thought. 
------------------------------------------------

On Windows, the cursor doesn't go back to the thought name. That's all I am asking...  [smile]
korm
Got it.

We macOS people sometimes forget there's a Windows world out there somewhere [wave]
pthompson
I still don't see any issue on Windows. My steps:

1. F6,F7, or F8 for new Thought.
2. CTRL+E to set Type
3. CTRL+G to set Tag
4. Enter to create Thought.
5. Success
jotapa
Hi pthompson,
Try using the mouse to click on the Type or Tags button, select the type or tags you want and then press Enter.

Instead of creating the Thought, because the focus has moved to Type or Tags, it opens that option again.
Harlan
Thanks for mentioning this. We have recreated and will take care of this soon.
Regards,
-Harlan
pthompson
Ah, got it. I am able to replicate it with a mouse click instead of pure keyboard. Thanks.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software