I've been using the demo of PB 6 for a couple of weeks now and I really like it a lot. It really fits the way I think and is great for information/data-management.
That said, PB is quite expensive and there are a few features that would probably make me get over the price-hurdle. Please let me know if it's already possible to do these things somehow:
- An option to make notes to show in a tooltip/popup when I hover the cursor above a topic
- An option to actually display all notes in the plex (perhaps not all of each note but at least the first paragraph or two)
- (I'd like to be able to select parts (or all) of the plex, copy it and paste into another application as text or a mind map.
- ... to do the same from a mind mapping application (or structured list) into PB.) - see EDIT below
- Export the brain to a text file (with notes and hyperlinks and file paths instead of attachments)
- Sync between computers without webbrain (like VoodooPad does via MobileMe or other WebDav-servers). I know you can use DropBox, but this would be even better for me (as a mac user anyway) since I could have the brain open on both my laptop and desktop at once.
- Clipping web pages or other stuff right into a "inbox" in my open brain (like Evernote etc)
- Options to make labels on links always visible
- More customization of thoughts/links (shapes etc), perhaps tied to thought types.
- Ability to view and edit the brain via mobile devices (ie my iPhone and my future iPad).
- Being able to put checkboxes on thoughts and in notes.
Well, that was a few suggestions that would make the application more enticing to me. As it is now I'd probably buy it in a second if the price was halved (and probably the pro version at that).
It's a good application that scratches an itch I have had for a long while. I'll be trying demos of the new versions as they become available and might even buy it in the future.
EDIT: After rhodes advice below I've found that I actually CAN copy thoughts into other mind maps or vice versa. Nice
(and sorry for not checking all the documentation/videos before posting this. I'm too lazy I'm afraid...