BrentK
When I use alt-tab to switch quickly back and forth between PB and another program, the 'file' menu item in PB becomes highlighted/selected on every-other switch.  This doesn't seem to happen when I switch slowly.  The issue occurs regardless of which panel (i.e., plex, notes) had focus prior to the switch.  

This issue doesn't seem to be due to my keyboard (or to me) because this occurs only with PB.  The result of 'file' being selected is that if I don't deselect it before I start typing I run the risk of selecting one of the commands under file.

I'm running PB 6.0.7.1 on Windows XP Pro SP3.  My java version is 1.6.0_24. 

Moe

Hi Brent, Thank You for posting. I have attempted to reproduce this issue in version 6.0.7.1 but have not been able to.

If you have the PB window active then press the alt key, the menus will be highlighted so that you can use your keyboard to run commands you would otherwise use your mouse to select. Perhaps when you are switching quickly between apps, you are pressing the alt key a second time once the PB window has become active therefore invoking the menus to become highlighted.

Thanks,
Moe

BrentK
Moe, I never experience this anomaly when switching between other applications.  It occurs only when I switch between PB and any other window.  In fact when I switch back-and-forth very quickly between PB and another window, the File menu item in PB is highlighted on every-other switch.  It's very consistent.

BrentK
I'd like to bring attention back to this issue, as it is always causing me difficulties using PB.  The condition is so consistent, as previously described, that I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing it.  I'd be happy to send Support a video-capture of me switching through windows to prove that this occurs only in PB.

Brent

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software