Antonio68
Dears Developers,

I am starting today in testing TheBrain 9 for Mac and I was quite surprised of the big change.

I started using PersonalBrain in 2008 and at that time one of the feature catch me was the possibility to store files with annotation beside. Sometimes, I have several files (10-20) with annotation on the side.

In the new version, I have the impression this feature is lost. Files are stacked under the notes and I am not sure I can comfortably see all of them. Moreover, I do not have this simultaneous note and file view.

By the way, can I open multiple notes windows?

Best
Antonio
mcaton
Antonio,

Thanks for posting.  Although we've streamlined the display and functionality of Notes and File Attachments, the basic principle is still the same that each thought can have multiple files available as well as notes.  Additionally, you file attachments can be previewed in the content pane - that's a MAJOR improvement.  I've attached a screenshot for reference.  Please let us know if you have further questions.

TheBrainIcon.png 

Thank you,
Matt
Antonio68
Thanks Matt for the quick replay.
As you can see in the screenshot below when I have several files these are not visible. I can change the orientation of the plex, but for much more files the problem will remain.
By the way, can I open notes in a new window?

Do not know what the other users think about, but the preview of the single file is quite cosmetic in relation to have a simultaneous view of the thought (files, notes and relations on the plex). This comprehensive view is broken in the new version.
Best
Antonio

Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 12.08.22.png 
Antonio68
May be you can leave the user the option to work in preview mode or file list as several OS do it.[smile]
mcaton
I see what your mean.  I'll document your thoughts as an alternative to seeing the +5 (as in your example)

Also, yes, you can see your entire Note in a separate window if desired.  If you open a new Brain tab - expand the note - and then drag it to a separate window.  A few extra steps, but it can be done.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software