marcussommer
am I missing s.th.? Can't find the Filter Thoughts Option in PB 5.5/Mac

What I would like to do is for example show me only the children thoughts of 1 topic which carry a certain tag.
carpe diem

Marcus SOMMER
shiatsu aromatherapy do-in
Moe
Marcus,

Thank you for posting. The filter Thoughts option can be found in the Reports (tab) under the Filter drop down. See below for an example of filtering based on child Thoughts.

1. Create a Brain call it "Test".
  2. Create Three Child Thoughts of "Test" called "A","B" and "C"
  3. Select Thought "A" Then create a Tag called "Tag1" assign it the color red.
  4. Assign "Tag1" to Thought "B" as well.
  5. Select Thought "C" then create a new Tag called "Tag2" assign it the color yellow.
  6. If you want to filter the Plex based on Thoughts which are tagged with "Tag1" right click the Parent Thought "Test" of the Thoughts which contain the Tag "Tag1" then assign "Tag1" to the Thought "Test".
  7. Make sure that the Thought "Test" is the Active Thought in the Plex.
  8. Go to the Reports (tab) then select Custom > Custom report then run a Report on Thoughts which contain the Tag "Tag1". You should see the Thoughts "A", "B" and "Test" appear in the Reports results.
  9. Now in the Filter drop down select "Normal". You should see all Thoughts which are tagged with the Tag "Tag1" not including Thought "C" which contains the Tag "Tag2".
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Moe

marcussommer
Hi Moe

so somehow more complicated than an Option > Filter menu entry, it does work.

cheers
carpe diem

Marcus SOMMER
shiatsu aromatherapy do-in

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software