gpatten
It recently dawned on me what the "one-way" button for links really does. I had been clicking it every time I wanted to visualise “if-then” relationships in logic :-), but of course that’s not what it's for, and now I am discovering (at first I thought it was a sort of random bug, but then I realized what was happening) that I have a whole set of “orphaned” thoughts, conclusions or consequences whose presuppositions or grounds are invisible and which I can’t seem to get back to directly in any of the views available to me. In a fair number of cases I can’t remember them offhand either (so as to do a search for them), and doing the top-down route in my 1,300-thought Brain in order to find them and connect up the arguments again is going to take … a while. Is there a simpler way that I’m missing?
BrentK
You might be able to locate them using Report > Special > Orphans, or Report > Special > Parentless.

Brent
gpatten
Interesting idea, just tried it. It's giving me real orphans (which is cool, I didn't know you could do that), but the ones I'm worried about are only apparent orphans, thoughts whose parents are there but invisible on the plex because they are at the other end of the one-way link.

I've wondered if there's some way of searching for the one-way links as such. But what I really want is a way of getting to the parent(s) from any given child-thought, despite it's being at the wrong end of the link.
gpatten
Hmm, perhaps this isn't going to be as bad as I feared. Have spent an hour trawling the Brain looking for one-way links and unchecking the box, suspect I've found a good number of them. Heh. Still, a bit of a trap for the unwary. Wonder what else I've been using all over the place that is going to turn out to have unexpected effects … 
zenrain
I'm not aware of a way to do this, but it's a great request.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software