danlandrum

I'd like to request theBrain developers consider integrating Mac OS Finder Tags within theBrain. The ability to add and search Finder Tags would be a big help for those of us who use theBrain as an organizing tool for complex, asset based projects. Especially those with assets that aren't practical to store internally to our Brains.

Here's a case example. I've just completed a quarterly task of laying out our magazine. A project like this has thousands of assets: images, audio files (we include a CD), Google Docs links, various kinds of text files, psd's, etc. I generally organize these within appropriate folders in Mac OS, but create the general map of how to put it all together within theBrain. This has worked extremely well and made the process easier without worrying that things will fall through the cracks! However the next step is to organize and produce my web and video content. I have assets scattered about various folders and would like to reorganize them without changing their physical locations which breaks links in InDesign. I can do this with finder tags, allowing me to smart search for all the assets I'd like to pull into a promo video, for instance. This is where it would be great for those tags to have interplay within theBrain.

If I haven't explained this clearly enough, please ask questions. Thanks for your consideration. 

OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
korm
You would like Finder tags associated with files imported to TheBrain as virtual thoughts to be recognized as "tag" thoughts within TheBrain?

Or something else?
pthompson
Dan,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will add this as a feature request.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software