dlorde
Installed v9 beta on Windows 10 today. My version 8 database imported very smoothly, and the plex seems to be working OK - except as below: 

Problem:
I can't drag & drop anything onto v.9 - neither browser links or files will drop onto the plex, but they drop onto v8 no problem. I have tried rebooting, but it made no difference.

Features:
Is there any intent to provide auto-hide options as in v8? I find having the icon always available on-screen ready to expand or drag onto very useful.

Will we be able to move (e.g. drag) the UI elements, particularly the toolbar items, around? I find having the search box on the far right strangely awkward - v8 and my web browsers have it on the far left
Quote
mcaton
Dav,

Rebooting the application should fix the drag and drop issue.  We'll have this fixed in the next release.

It is unlikely that the "Dock Right" type features of hiding the application will return, but the feature is documented for further review.

Also, the plex and notes can be re-oriented on the screen.  You can see how this is done in our tutorial:

 

The search box however is permanently placed.

Thank you,
Matt
Quote
dlorde
Thanks for responding Matt.

mcaton wrote:
Rebooting the application should fix the drag and drop issue.  We'll have this fixed in the next release.
I've tried closing and re-opening the application, and rebooting the PC - I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it then rebooting, but drag & drop still doesn't work. 

Quote:
It is unlikely that the "Dock Right" type features of hiding the application will return, but the feature is documented for further review.
I hope it gets some votes.

Quote:
Also, the plex and notes can be re-oriented on the screen.
Yes, I've played with this.

Quote:
The search box however is permanently placed.
This is disappointing - toolbar elements should be customizable according to user preferences. Most toolbar libraries allow this - I'd like to request this as a feature.


Quote
mcaton
Dav,

Any chance you are running as an Administrator?  Windows blocks drag and drop functionality in apps when running as admin.

Thanks,
Matt
Quote
dlorde
mcaton wrote:
Any chance you are running as an Administrator?  Windows blocks drag and drop functionality in apps when running as admin.
Ha! You nailed it Matt!

Not sure how it happened, but unticking 'Run as administrator' fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help [smile]
Quote
mcaton
Fantastic!

Thanks,
Matt
Quote
glee46
I'm not seeing a way to auto hide and dock the brain Beta to the top.  Am I missing something?
Quote
pthompson
You are not missing anything. This feature has not been added but is documented.
Quote

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software